1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Illinois...

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by mothergoose, Jan 13, 2007.

1. SimpleHarmony

SimpleHarmony Out Of The Brooder

Nov 6, 2012
    Edwardsville, IL
    How sweet!!! Your life is never going to be the same! In a good way, of course. [​IMG]

Last edited: May 3, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  2. dmayford

dmayford New Egg

May 1, 2013
    Hi, I'm from Granite City. Working to change our ordinances.
    ...Tai

3. NotAFarm

NotAFarm Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Nov 5, 2009
    Illinois
    [​IMG] and to the Illinois thread! [​IMG] that you are successful with the ordinance change!

4. ilroost

ilroost Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 14, 2007
    weldon il.
    Welcome dmayford

5. jerryse

jerryse Overrun With Chickens

Feb 21, 2010
    Sparland IL
    Does anyone in IL have a lemon cuckoo orpington cockerel or rooster for sale ? Chicks or eggs would also work.Pm me if you have any for sale.

6. ducks4you

ducks4you Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 20, 2009
    East Central Illinois
    Here are my new Ameracauna baby pullets!
    http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/... Pictures/BabyAmeracauanchicks05-08-13005.jpg
    http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/... Pictures/BabyAmeracauanchicks05-08-13003.jpg
    I didn't want to got to the Arthur bird sale, bc you don't know what's gonna be there.
    I didn't want to order from a hatchery bc the stupid post office now only has 3 hrs/day with a postmaster, so they'd probably die.
    I didn't want to order 25 birds bc I already have19--until Saturday, then two old hens go in a pot for dinner.
    I ordered 5 pullets from Farm & Fleet, and they LOST my order!!!! 'O'
    Too bad for them that Rural King has been competing with them for 3 years bc they were able to put through a last minute order for me. My chicks came in less than a week.

7. tckempa

tckempa New Egg

May 10, 2013
    Currently reside in Virginia but will be relocating to Peoria in the fall. Have a 9 yr old boy with aspergers, who has just got into the chickens. Now looks like we wont be able to keep them in Peoria. Anyone know anything about the ordinances regarding this? How do the kids raise their chickens for 4H? This child is going to be devastated if he has to give up his chickens. [​IMG]

8. OSUman

OSUman GO BUCKS

Apr 17, 2009
    Central Illinois
    I dont know the ordinances for Peoria, but you might try living right outside of the city limits on an unincorporated piece of land where you can have animals.

9. sheila3935

sheila3935 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    Stonington, illinois
    I dont know if anyone has heard but there is a Million March against Monsanto to promote labeling of GMO foods if anyone is interested. It is May 25 in Springfield at the state capital at 2 pm. This is a world wide march and many states and countries are marching that day. You can find out more by going to the facebook page Millions Against Monsanto.

10. tckempa

tckempa New Egg

May 10, 2013
    Wish that were an option..but the new house is in the city limits..wont be moving again for a while.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by