Illinois...

I just picked up my sweet babies today, 3 Americanas, 2 barred rock, 2 white wyondots, 2 cuckoo Marian's, 2 RIR, 1 buff Orpington, 2 light Sussex, 2 dark Cornish, 2 sexlink. I was told they should all get along. Here's for hoping, from a first timer!
How sweet!!! Your life is never going to be the same! In a good way, of course.
yippiechickie.gif

Last edited:
Does anyone in IL have a lemon cuckoo orpington cockerel or rooster for sale ? Chicks or eggs would also work.Pm me if you have any for sale.

Here are my new Ameracauna baby pullets!
http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/... Pictures/BabyAmeracauanchicks05-08-13005.jpg
http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/... Pictures/BabyAmeracauanchicks05-08-13003.jpg
I didn't want to got to the Arthur bird sale, bc you don't know what's gonna be there.
I didn't want to order from a hatchery bc the stupid post office now only has 3 hrs/day with a postmaster, so they'd probably die.
I didn't want to order 25 birds bc I already have19--until Saturday, then two old hens go in a pot for dinner.
I ordered 5 pullets from Farm & Fleet, and they LOST my order!!!! 'O'
Too bad for them that Rural King has been competing with them for 3 years bc they were able to put through a last minute order for me. My chicks came in less than a week.

Currently reside in Virginia but will be relocating to Peoria in the fall. Have a 9 yr old boy with aspergers, who has just got into the chickens. Now looks like we wont be able to keep them in Peoria. Anyone know anything about the ordinances regarding this? How do the kids raise their chickens for 4H? This child is going to be devastated if he has to give up his chickens.
hit.gif

I dont know the ordinances for Peoria, but you might try living right outside of the city limits on an unincorporated piece of land where you can have animals.
Currently reside in Virginia but will be relocating to Peoria in the fall. Have a 9 yr old boy with aspergers, who has just got into the chickens. Now looks like we wont be able to keep them in Peoria. Anyone know anything about the ordinances regarding this? How do the kids raise their chickens for 4H? This child is going to be devastated if he has to give up his chickens.
hit.gif

I dont know if anyone has heard but there is a Million March against Monsanto to promote labeling of GMO foods if anyone is interested. It is May 25 in Springfield at the state capital at 2 pm. This is a world wide march and many states and countries are marching that day. You can find out more by going to the facebook page Millions Against Monsanto.

Back
Top Bottom