Illinois...

Quote:
Big Roo ( we shortened his name ) is doing very well. He seems to have taken quite a shine to our single Barnie girl, more protective of her and seems to stick up for her when the other girls pick on her. He had a smorgasbord yesterday with the girls...all kinds of veggie and fruit scraps, etc.

Hubby was impressed/scared by the looks of his spurs, but he has been the perfect gentleman, so far.
wink.png
I better specify, Big Roo has been the gentleman...LOL

Calling CHICAGO chicken owners! I'm doing research on major cities' ordinances so we can update our ordinance in Denver, and Chicago has me stumped. The city code seems to say that chickens are not allowed, and several city employees have told us the same thing. However, chatter on the internet makes it seem like chickens ARE legal in Chicago.

What's the scoop? If they are allowed, could you please give me as much info as possible on the relevant ordinance?

Thanks!

Quote:
Lol kaskaskia!

But no I'm in vandalia! But good guess!

Not far from where I used to buy most of my Paso Fino horses from a breeder down in Walnut Hill, IL.

Quote:
Lol kaskaskia!

But no I'm in vandalia! But good guess!

Not far from where I used to buy most of my Paso Fino horses from a breeder down in Walnut Hill, IL.

That isn't far at all. I never noticed you were from Decatur! My husband knows just about everyone from around there!

Thanks, EweSheep! The info listed on the BYC page matched other things I've found online (that chickens are allowed in Chicago), but when I clicked on the embedded link it took me to the full Chicago code, and I could NOT find any pro-chicken information! It's the strangest thing... the code doesn't say chickens are allowed, the city employees say that chickens aren't allowed, but everyone on the internet says that chickens ARE allowed! Hmmm.... quite the mystery. Unfortunately, the people I'm working with aren't satisfied until they see the pro-chicken language actually written in the code, so I need to keep looking.

Back
Top Bottom