Illinois...

Ahh cool I know a few people that live over there. If you have any questions or need some help, chicken sitter, ect feel free to ask! One more thing, if you're looking for organic layer feed I can snag an extra bag or two for you next time I venture out to Fairbury, if wanted, to save on gas/time.

This feed is nuts, I've been getting eggs so big that extra Jumbo egg cartons can't hold these butes! Lovely tasty eggs mmm.

So grateful! I'll let you know :)

I think I may have accidentally started a trend :) A couple of my friends have come over to see our chickies and are now getting some themselves from Farm&Home. Hopefully there's a good chicken community around here soon!

I am working on my chicken farm, I don't think it will ever be finished. I have 7 different breeds of chickens laying and just got two new breed of chicks. I am even trying my hand at geese this year, we even have a few different breeds of ducks. I wish I could become a small local hatchery so we wouldn't have to ship them all the time, but I'm not sure how to start on that adventure. Do you think this is an addicting hobby?

I must admit, six years ago when I got my first four sexed pullets in a special order with some other people, that I never thought it would turnout to be such an addiction! Fortunately, I have DH (and budget) who helps me keep it in check!
lol.png

I am working on my chicken farm, I don't think it will ever be finished. I have 7 different breeds of chickens laying and just got two new breed of chicks. I am even trying my hand at geese this year, we even have a few different breeds of ducks. I wish I could become a small local hatchery so we wouldn't have to ship them all the time, but I'm not sure how to start on that adventure. Do you think this is an addicting hobby?
You had better have better quality than Hatchery style birds to even make it worthwhile and profitable.

Looking for some easter egger chics for a friend around decatur/macon area. Anyone have or know anyone who has easter eggers chics for sale?

Looking for some easter egger chics for a friend around decatur/macon area. Anyone have or know anyone who has easter eggers chics for sale?

Not sure if he has any left:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=551865268177820&set=o.353052244713146&type=1&theater

Doug Eckley
Ameraucana(Easter Egg) Chicks. Tuffed ears and Greenish feet. Will lay Pink, Green and Blue eggs. $3 each. Also Jumbo Brown Coturnix Quail chicks $1 each or 25 for $20. And Adult Male Coturnix Quail $3 each or $25 for 10. No permit needed for this type of quail. paxton 217-781-1130

Does your location mean you're in Starkville? I lived in Columbus and Artesia for awhile in the 70s.....yes, I'm that old!
old.gif

My, my, my, the threads have been taking off and glad all of you survived the snow storm! My run netting had collapse and two days later I was able to repair it and good as new again. Not bad for an eight and half year old snow netting! Eventually I will have to replace it.

Back
Top Bottom