Illinois...

For those of you who live near me, I have some turkey's that I would like to sell. Most are half grown, but there is one younger one. In addition, I have three young guineas that I would also like to part with. These aren't culls or already sorted through, they are my entire hatches for this year, just don't need to keep them.

I have been all over IL so I know where most of you are! I was born at the old hospital in Mattoon (for those of you who knew of it before SBLH), I grew up in Shelbyville most of my life. I lived in Clinton for quite a while. I also lived for short periods in Windsor, Mahomet, Tuscola, Bethalto, Jerseyville, Chicago and am taking up root in Golden. My father lives in Wapella so I go there often. I also have family in Germantown Hills, and Findlay. My husband's family is from Cutler. My daughter's father's family are all from Herrick.. so I got connections all over the place! LOL!

Last edited:
Hello all Illinoisians...or however you would spell it!
hmm.png

I'm a returning BYC member. I haven't gotten on here in a while and had to re-register.
I'm from West Central Illinois...rural Good Hope to be exact.
That's right by Macomb.

I look forward to foruming with all of you and hopefully getting some answers to some of my questions. And I do have questions!
big_smile.png

Nice to meet you all.

Angie

Golden here! about an hour away

Hello!

My name is Danielle, I live in Chicago. This year I am in my senior thesis industrial design class, and for my project I am researching the new 'urban chicken movement' on how to raise chickens in the city. For my project I would really like to fully immerse myself in the project and am in the process of actually raising a chicken during this year. The only problem is that I don't have the space for them and if I do raise a chicken I want to be able to give it everything it needs. I grew up on a farm in central Illinois so I understand animals needing their space and I don't want to jeopardize that. In the mean time I would love it if anybody through this Back Yard Chickens organization that would be willing to help me out with discussing with me how you raise your chickens, the sturggles you face, if you would want to change anything, or what parts are the best parts of the whole process, and possible design opportunities you see and so forth. If anyone would be generous enough to help just message me through here. Thank you so much!

Belleville here. Teacher. Backyard farm girl! :) I have had lots of issues trying to get this chicken this started. Had chickens since June. Not one egg yet. :(. And may not because of change in the sunlight hours and temperature change. But alas I am a backyard farm girl.

Back
Top Bottom