Illinois...

Here are some of my thoughts.
Hi lite in green; The Hatfield's and McCoys are total Jokers. Only complaint justification for pool being too close would be............... Peeps skinny dipping and are unattractive.
lau.gif

Hi lite in red; Total abuse of authority as well as incompetence. If I did something similar in my line of work, I would be relieved of my duties.
caf.gif

Hi lite in blue; You were being put thru unnecessary STRESS....
hugs.gif
IT WOULD MAKE ME NERVOUS AS WELL. .

LOL, you are funny. The neighbor on the corner has complained about the neighbors house since it was being built. Its one of those rather large homes and she just doesn't like it. So she has been complaining for years about 1 thing or another. She just is not a happy person.

And thank you, He was out of line, first by walking into my backyard without even knocking on my door and then making statements that he knew were not true. If he comes back, I will not be so nice.

I don't recall how to start a new thread but Im worried that my 1 2 week old chicks will get out of the rubber maid bin they're in, should I be worried?

I don't recall how to start a new thread but Im worried that my 1 2 week old chicks will get out of the rubber maid bin they're in, should I be worried?
At some point they will be able to jump out. If you feel it's sooner than later, find any piece of hardware cloth, scrap garden fence, deer netting, old screen window, etc to make a temp lid. If using some type of fabric-like netting, just grab some binder clamps or clothes pins to hold it in place.

This is that very thin (cheap) plastic netting for pea vines. I draped it over the top of my giant brooder (a Pack-N-Play) & hold it in place with 2 jumbo paper binder clips. No it's not secure enough to actually hold a chicken inside, but they don't know that. After over 175+ chicks, I've never had one jump out - when the netting in place. Of course if I leave the top open, my 3 wk old chicks will jump up & try to roost along the ledge. LOL

At some point they will be able to jump out. If you feel it's sooner than later, find any piece of hardware cloth, scrap garden fence, deer netting, old screen window, etc to make a temp lid. If using some type of fabric-like netting, just grab some binder clamps or clothes pins to hold it in place. This is that very thin (cheap) plastic netting for pea vines. I draped it over the top of my giant brooder (a Pack-N-Play) & hold it in place with 2 jumbo paper binder clips. No it's not secure enough to actually hold a chicken inside, but they don't know that. After over 175+ chicks, I've never had one jump out - when the netting in place. Of course if I leave the top open, my 3 wk old chicks will jump up & try to roost along the ledge. LOL
thank you so much.

@Junibutt She is the largest hen I have, a Partridge Brahma. We originally only had 18 under her and she "collected" 10 more by the time I got in there to mark them the next day. I marked them all by numbering them 1-28 and when we went to candle them, she or one of the reckless Leghorns had broken one.

This is her at about 8-10 weeks old.

Last edited:
As @Faraday40 said they should be ok. My question is about the broody though. How big is she that she was covering 28 eggs?
@Junibutt She is the largest hen I have, a Partridge Brahma. We originally only had 18 under her and she "collected" 10 more by the time I got in there to mark them the next day. I marked them all by numbering them 1-28 and when we went to candle them, she or one of the reckless Leghorns had broken one.

This is her at about 8-10 weeks old.

Back
Top Bottom