Illinois...

I cleaned the little chickens today.. A few things I noticed:
Meringue the Austra White seems to be this groups Pepper. She flew right up to the edge, hopped on my finger and then laid down. She didnt care if I pet her.

Olive has me worried that she might be an OliveR. I feel like the legs look pretty thick, and whats with this tail? Theres no comb or wattles yet at three weeks. Also she is going from a nice chocolate color to grey, which is different.

Lastly, Cream Puff. I cant decide if she is supposed to be a Brahma or what. They dont have color in the wings right? So either she is very poorly colored, or being from the assorted group I have no other ideas. She is pretty calm though, but not as calm as Meringue.

I hope this rain stops so I can finish painting the coop and get the big ones moved. I think they are starting to go crazy in their pool set up.

Lastly, Cream Puff. I cant decide if she is supposed to be a Brahma or what. They dont have color in the wings right? So either she is very poorly colored, or being from the assorted group I have no other ideas. She is pretty calm though, but not as calm as Meringue.

I hope this rain stops so I can finish painting the coop and get the big ones moved. I think they are starting to go crazy in their pool set up.
Check out this thread....pictures on page one...https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/287181/sexing-the-brahma-breed-standard-size-light-brahma

The geese have grounded. 6 of the 7 eggs made it. One did not make it out of the egg. They are just too cute. I wait until they get their feathers in so they can tread water, then herd them to the harbor.

In search of small/extra small hatching eggs for our new broody. I would love to be able to pick up.

Getting lots of rain here today (also some flooding)

My chickens thought it was a good idea to look for worms & such. On the bright side, the sight of wet chickens made me laugh.

DD was very worried about her spoiled silkie, so she broubght it in to dry off. Then took some pics of an 8wk old next to her 1.5 wk old.

Spitzhaubens look even more pathetic.

...and the big fluffy orps did not feel like showing off & posing like they normally do.

I think I've finally decided that the blue orp is female. I think the dress up games may have helped
(BTW- Don't you just love those dirty looks my wet chickens are giving me?)

Below is one of her brothers - only 4wks old. He already has more red & height in his comb than she does. She's at 8+ weeks.

Back
Top Bottom