Illinois...

Quote:
Here's a link to the picture of the rooster. Like I said, I'm not positive he's a silver leghorn, just my best guess. I'm no expert!

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=31410793&l=8293f05009&id=1249870051

Drat! I refuse to make a facebook! So I cant see the picture. I betcha the frizzle is a polish cross of somesoft. There was a woman at the june one who was selling everything you could possibly think of crossed with her frizzled polish .
smile.png
I bought all her silkie crosses
smile.png
(and even more when she marked them down to a buck!)

Quote:
Here's a link to the picture of the rooster. Like I said, I'm not positive he's a silver leghorn, just my best guess. I'm no expert!

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=31410793&l=8293f05009&id=1249870051

Drat! I refuse to make a facebook! So I cant see the picture. I betcha the frizzle is a polish cross of somesoft. There was a woman at the june one who was selling everything you could possibly think of crossed with her frizzled polish .
smile.png
I bought all her silkie crosses
smile.png
(and even more when she marked them down to a buck!)

Hmmm, it's supposed to be a public picture that anyone can see. Sorry about that. I'll try to upload photos here later tonight. Gotta take the time to figure out how to do it!

And yes, I think we bought him from the same lady. I bought a bunch of mix chicks too for $1.00 each, and then ended up selling them to somebody who was here on the farm buying some of our hatched chicks and fell in love with them. He was in seperate cage, I guess because he was more mature, and cost a little bit more than the others. My little boy just loves him, and he has the cutest little cock-a-doodle-doo!

Quote:
Ahhh...someone from Pekin! You are of the generation that would remember Angelos restaurant? I lived there from '76 to '80 but still have family there as well. What a small world!

Yes I remember the Angelos resauraunt LOL!

My BIL and SIL lives in CC, south of Peoria and stone throw from Pekin. Lived in Brimfield from 1981 to 1993. My parents and relatives are going to Peoria Friday to shop and visit Trefezer's Bakery and Elmo's hotdogs!

Quote:
Ahhh...someone from Pekin! You are of the generation that would remember Angelos restaurant? I lived there from '76 to '80 but still have family there as well. What a small world!

My BIL and SIL lives in CC, south of Peoria and stone throw from Pekin. Lived in Brimfield from 1981 to 1993. My parents and relatives are going to Peoria Friday to shop and visit Trefezer's Bakery and Elmo's hotdogs!

This is the last year for Elmo's...it is up for sale, 2 million if I can remember correctly.
I am leaving this weekend to take home granddaughter to Colorado and staying for a while to see if I can make a go of it there.
Last weekend one of the sweetest BYC people visited me and was able to take home every one of my birds. I am certain they will have a good home, I was so worried about them. Still keeping all my incubators and hatchers so no matter where I end up, I will continue to be an incubating fool...LOL
Being chickenless is so bizarre...still trolling the net looking for hatching eggs when I know better than to be doing that. I hope the longing passes soon!!!

Oh no!!!!!!!

We love their hotdogs at Elmo's. 2 million dollars for that corner lot?????????????????!!!!! It is not much to look at but it has been years since I've been at Elmo's, roughly ten years ago. maybe they did alot of updating!

Anyone wants to take a pic of Elmo's?????

Hello Illinois people! I am new on BYC, and I am liking this site!

I am in central Illinois, I saw on earlier posts there are several people here that aren't far away from me. I have a fair sized flock of assorted breed of laying hens, with one Seabright roo and a Barred rock roo in the mix. Oh yeah, and a handful of ducks.

So who else here is not only in central Illinois but raises my other passion, goats?? I have Nubians and hope to be adding a Nigerian Dwarf buck soon, so as to start my own line of Mini Nubians.

Quote:

Ah yes, Angelo's. CC. Creve Coeur, where R.E.O. Speedwagon originated from!
I was born in Peoria in 19......ahem.......57, at St. Francis Hospital. Is it still there?I lived in Arkansas from 2 weeks old to 3 years old, & lived in North Pekin till I was 16, South Pekin till 18, then on to Atlanta, Tucson, & now here for over 20 years.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom