Illinois...

Anyone in downstate, real downstate like Highway 13 downstate, want a good rooster? He takes care of his hens and is fatherly to any chicks that his hens hatch out. If I don't find a new home for him he will go to freezer camp.

Quote:
Someone else close by...cool.

Ummm. Right now in the incubator I have all Large Fowl SLW, GLW, BLRW, blue/red, BBS and assorted pure Cochin, Light Brahmas, Buff Brahmas and Barnies. Way too late for me to be incubating but stuff happens...LOL

Quote:
I know how far south you are, darn it. Would love to give him a good home, but the distance is too great. Sure hope you find someone who can take him!

I'm going to Wisconsin for Thanksgiving. Maybe I could drop him off or meet you somewhere.

Quote:
I know how far south you are, darn it. Would love to give him a good home, but the distance is too great. Sure hope you find someone who can take him!

I'm going to Wisconsin for Thanksgiving. Maybe I could drop him off or meet you somewhere.

If you are willing to do a meet up that would be great! I didn't even ask, what breed is he?

Quote:
OK, no problem. Since I am roosterless presently and you say he is a good boy he can be Heinz 57 and it would be all good.
thumbsup.gif

I also have a roo that I am trying to rehome. He is a 12 week old Delaware. Im setting eggs tomorrow. I have RIR hens and BR roo that I am going to try to harch out some of their babies. Wish me luck.
fl.gif
Here is my roo pic taken about 2 weeks ago he is the one in the front
62756_prince.jpg

Quote:
hello from down here in woodford county, illinois. (east of peoria, north of bloomington).
my in-laws live in joliet. i get up there every so often, so i'm pretty familiar with the place.

Fantastic!
I've been looking for some one to share my passion who is also not geogrphically challenged to my local. What do you raise? Next time you're up this way lets talk and see if we can improve our mutual flocks!

Back
Top Bottom