Illinois...

Thanks for the welcom Sheila and Steven!
frow.gif

Anyone know if I would have a chance of finding poults (BR, Narries or BS) as the Kankakee Swap in April......is that too early?

mothergoose listed the dates earlier in this thread - I wrote them down
April 3
May 1
June 5
Sept 4
Oct 2
There is also a link to the site somewhere back there, a couple hundred post or so..........
lol.png

Quote:
What kind of chicks are you looking for? Do you want them sexed or straight run?

Hi - I am looking for 8-10 pullets for laying. I'm open to the type, but was hoping to get a mix of varieties...

I dought you find too many poults at the APril Kankakee swap. It is a little early. But you may find some young adults!

The Kankakee swap is well worth the trip if you have never been...just get there early! Gate opens at 5am. Stuff sells fast!
It is at the Kankakee Co. Fairgrounds right off I 57 exit 308
See ya there,
Christie
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Quote:
What kind of chicks are you looking for? Do you want them sexed or straight run?

Hi - I am looking for 8-10 pullets for laying. I'm open to the type, but was hoping to get a mix of varieties...

The Tractor Supply in Dixon (right off I-88 exit there) sells chicks (last year they were from Mt. Healthy Hatchery). There was a minimum purchase of six. A friend wanted layer chicks last year so we got six from the assorted pullet tank and they were all girls as tagged (four slw, one partridge rock and one red sex link). They had lots of chicks throughout the spring but I only saw the assorted pullet tank once, all others were straight run. You can get their number online and give them a call to see if they know what exactly they will get and when. Good luck!

Quote:
clap.gif
That would be even better! Thanks, when I know for sure that I'm going, you'll have to tell me where you set-up so I can come by and see what you have!!

Back
Top Bottom