Illinois...

Come to find out that I won't be available for July 30th, August 7 th, Sept 23 to 25, Oct 14 to 16th due to family reunions and CW reenactments.

August sounds like a good month.

July 23rd
August 6th
August 13th
August 20th
August 27th
Sept 3rd...Labor Day weekend

Rain or shine!

What you all think? Need to vote!

Last edited:
Quote:
When is the state fair?

I think you should try this even if there is another meeting planned.

Every operturnity to met fellow bird crazy - oh I mean - bird loving people is a GREAT thing!

I think the state fair is also a good idea for those of us going.
The hubby and I went last year and searched ALL day to find the poultry barn and couldn't! Lol made me so mad. But we did find the wine tasting building pretty easily:rolleyes:

Quote:
i'm up for the vote! I'm personally leaning to September because my DH will be gone with the military for 2 weeks in august but august 6th would work I think for me. But I can deal with any date we choose I just figured I could add my 2 cents
smile.png

September is a good month too! When all the kids are in school and settled down, no more fighting the lines to get items for kids, running around here and there LOL!

How about the rest of you all?

I am only avaliable Sept 10th ... the rest of Sept is booked for me
hmm.png

Same with August... August 27th I am free
big_smile.png

Too bad we did not start this earlier...before other things took up so many weekends...
sad.png

Mrs. Cannon :

Quote:
When is the state fair?

I think you should try this even if there is another meeting planned.

Every operturnity to met fellow bird crazy - oh I mean - bird loving people is a GREAT thing!

I think the state fair is also a good idea for those of us going.
The hubby and I went last year and searched ALL day to find the poultry barn and couldn't! Lol made me so mad. But we did find the wine tasting building pretty easily:rolleyes:

Its in the Orr building. Its a really nice building but kinda out of the way. Heres a pic of the map with it circled.
statefairmap.png

Not a Farm and I have been talking back a forth about this meet-up.

Here's basically our conversations at this point. (XXXXX denotes private info not suitable for wide broadcast on the net)

NotAFarm wrote:
Hi Denise,
I'm XXXXXXXx and live about an hour and a half west and north of your paradise. XXXXXXXXX. There doesn't seem to be enough interest with the BYCers in a meet-up in Decatur and I saw you offered your place........I'd like to see a simple "potluck/cookout" get-together without the swap. You know, just a chance for us to meet each other face-to-face and engage in some "chicken talk". If you would be willing to host the event at your place, I think we'd get a nice turn out. Everyone could bring their own main dish/meat, drinks, tableservice and seating for their family/group and then a "dish to pass". Your commitment would be to provide the place. What type of restroom set-up do you have? I would be willing to pitch-in on a PortaJohn rental is one is needed. Do you have a covered area (garage, barn, carport, etc) to be in if it rains on the scheduled day...or will we need to cancel based on weather? Will parking on the grass be a problem if wet? XXXXXXXXXX. Please let me know what you think.

Oh, and about your Am eggs, lovely!! I'd love to have some of your cull pullets if you have any. I don't show and believe those with SOP quality birds need to get them into the hands of people who are willing to.......but would love to have some beautiful eggs from your girls that don't "make the cut". If you ever have any for sale, please let me know.

Looking forward to hearing from you, XXXXX

Dear XXXXX:
Yes, the offer still stands for use of my farm. I'm concerned about the swap part as I would not want to swap diseases too. Eggs are fine if course. But a get together with a bonfire highlight on our farm is a perfect thing.

Our farm has parking for 30 cars off grass. Right now we are swimming in flood. We are what is called "bottom land". Our field is so saturated we cant get in to mow or even transport, with our riding mower, wood to the bonfire area. It needs to dry out. After it drys, about 50% worth, camping with tents or campers would be easy. We have a 2 1/2 car garage. We also have a 2,000 sq foot totaly open area in our home, tile floored. I designed our home and it is for entertaining. Not kid ready, but I can put away the breakables for the weekend so it will be safe for all. There is a bathroom in the garage. We call it "The Muddy & Bleeding" bath...self explanatory there. No need fopr a port a poddy. I have a 900 squ ft room that can be used for sleeping if some one brings an air mattress. I have a 85 sq ft guest room ( carpeted). We have a "Man Cave" log cabing wood working shop with a toilet in there. Kids would have to be suprvised in there - too many sharp things. Dogs are welcomed as long as they are dog and people friendly, small dogs would have to be watched that they don't become coyote food.

XXXXXX. My new batch of pullets have already been culled ( we so cried for the last one too). I won't have pullets to give or sell. I do have a rooster who has got to go some where - we have kept him because he is unique, good conformation and he sings when he's not crowing, and his brother had such personality ( I still miss him daily) but he's overly agressive with the girls so he's pissing me off.

As far as dates go, we and Paradise Found are open for the weekends of Aug 13th, 20th, and 27th. We should be dried out by then.
Denise
Paradise Found

Any interest? We are located by the Chicagoland Speedway in Joliet Illinois just minutes off Highway 80.

August 20th sounds great! I'll be bringing a couple/few people with me. What kind of time are we talking about?

Back
Top Bottom