Illinois...

HI Everyone :) New to Chickens but real excited to get started. I'm about as far North East as you can go in Illinois. looks like I'll either have to work on getting ordinances changes or go outlaw lol. Right now the city has a 5 Acre restriction for horse, cow, goat, pig, hog, sheep or other livestock, or any chickens :(

frow.gif
welcome-byc.gif
frow.gif

FREE ROOSTER!

Somebody gave me a young bird that was supposed to be a hen. He is a nice guy--RIR and very pretty, and very soft! Just starting to get his spurs. HE has been in quarentine in my bathroom for 40 days or so.

The people who gave him to me will not answer their phone...this is the second time they have screwed me with a bird, and I guess they don't want to talk about it!

Who are these people!!!!????? Did you pay the money for this bird? Report them to the BBB and city hall too.

frow.gif
I will be having SF/ Silkie chicks hatched out in the next couple weeks If anybody is interested? I will also have in the next couple of weeks (Moms sitting on them now) Mixed chicks The Moms are Large fowl CM (Dark brown eggs) and EE Large fowl (Blue green Eggs) However not sure about the Daddy any of them could be mixed with either a Salmon Faverolle Rooster or a BBS (He is Blue) Orpington Rooster. I Have no idea what these chicks will look like, but I can post Pictures of The SF/Silkie chicks older Siblings to give you an Idea as to what they will look like. I can tell you all of the males from the SF/Silkie Mix look just like a smaller version of the Sal. Fav Rooster but with silkie combs,Feathered legs and feet and a head Poof. The girls look like a Salmon colored Polish (kinda) with beautiful head Poofs various colors (mine are white or greyish) and they have the white feathered legs and feet, and 5 toes. Some of the girls have white beards and cheek poofs and some don't. LOL None of them have Silkie feathering but are super soft! These are 1st Generation Mix, I will have Second Generation too, but don't know what they will look like. I can also sell the silkie mix eggs if you would rather hatch out your own.
jumpy.gif
If you decide to get the eggs there is a chance that some of the eggs would be pure silkie, because I have a Silkie Rooster Running in the pen with 2 Pure silkie Hens and 2 of the mixed Hens, There is also a SF/Silkie Roo in with them too...
.Thanks ,Sandy
frow.gif

What other spring chicks will be available in illinois? I know that I would rather pick up live chicks or eggs instead of having them shipped.

We will have Bourbon Red Turkey poults, Ringneck pheasant chicks, and Melanistic pheasant chicks or hatching eggs available this spring. My kids just found our first two turkey eggs for this season today, Looks like we will be starting up our incubators this week.
jumpy.gif

FFarms, Will you have turkey eggs for sale just before Easter? Some of us participating in the Easter Hatchalong are talking about a possible Turkey Hatchathon with a setting date of Easter and a hatch date of Cinco de Mayo! I'd be interested in picking up some eggs from you on Good Friday if you'll have any available.

I'm hatching Silkies from cjexotic here on BYC and will be selling them at the Purina Poultry Workshop they will be having in Sublette on April 12. If they don't all sell, I'll be posting here to see if anyone is interested.

Stormy lady, What is sf silkies? I see a lot of abbreviations on here and I don't understand them yet? I am looking for a show girl, do you have any of those? I have pure silkies and some chicks, they may not be a pure one color though. I have reds/buff, partridge,white, black, and now a couple of splash all in one pin:D

Last edited:
Hi Witzman, SF/Silkie is a Cross between Salmon Faverolle Rooster and Silkie Hens. I'm sorry I don't have any Showgirls.
smile.png
Sandy

Stormy lady, What is sf silkies? I see a lot of abbreviations on here and I don't understand them yet? I am looking for a show girl, do you have any of those? I have pure silkies and some chicks, they may not be a pure one color though. I have reds/buff, partridge,white, black, and now a couple of splash all in one pin:D

Back
Top Bottom