I'm a happy pea keeper :) (pic included)

LedgeWoods

Songster
11 Years
Apr 18, 2010
Midwest
Just have to share my pair with you all. I never thought these 2 could be so fun. Enick (my hen) has such a fun personality - eats out of our hands and knows her routine. She has been so good and showing Indy the ropes and giving him a tour of the property the past couple days since he's been "free." Picked him up a month ago, had him in "lock down" and just gave him his open doors on Friday. He's already creeping closer to us when there are treats involved. He's joining Enick on the deck in the mornings - she knows there are treats there, but he's not ready to be that close yet. I LOVE watching them!
big_smile.png

54691_100_0883.jpg

54691_100_0880.jpg

(Enick knows the piggy wild birds always drop BOSS & scarfs them up with the chickens. She's almost tall enough to reach the feeder. I think it's just a matter of time before Indy figures out that he's tall enough to stand on the rock and snitch BOSS from the feeder!)

Thanks everyone...
Garden: Big bushy rhubarb plants on the far right, then 8 rows of potatoes and in the "no-chicken zone" we have onions, peas, spinach and carrots. Hope to get the rest of the stuff in next weekend if the weather cooperates. We planted the fenced area one evening and the next morning the chickens were helping themselves to the pea seeds, so DH helped me get a fence around the seeded area.

Our yard has been years and years of work in progress. We built our home ourselves in an old gravel pit area - that will test a marriage!
wink.png
We planted over 10,000 trees - literally thousands of them by hand because the planter had difficulty with the rocky soil in so many areas. The area that always had water standing we dug a large pond. The big limestone rock you see with the shepherd's hook/bird feeder in it is a common rock on our property. I could never get a hook to stay in the ground with hanging flowers/feeders on it because of all the darn rock! DH has drilled holes in a few of them & inserted the hooks so my flowers & feeders will never tip over again (plus they look pretty cool
smile.png
)

Back
Top Bottom