I'm a new member

:welcome   One of the best things you  can do for your flock is to put up 1/2" hardware cloth instead of the chicken wire.  Any predator can rip thru chicken wire like it was butter. Hardware cloth  attached securely so it won't pull out from the frame will stop many of them.  The little white fences won't stop a raccoon, etc. from burrowing under the fence and getting into the run.  If you have hawks in the area you might consider a top for the entire run - wire, solid, or even deer netting to repel them. Hawks don't want to damage their wings so will not try to fly through  it UNLESS there is a gap large enough for them to do so.

Thank you for the advice. I guess the picture I posted didnt really give a good idea of what my run looks like up close. Yes I used chicken wire on it, will b updating t the other type wire you suggested for around it soon. Thank you. It is covered t protect my girls from overhead predators with chicken wire over top also, and the chicken wire extends on the ground 3-4' out from the framing on all sides so an animal can't dig under it, the white fencing in the picture is for decoration purposes only. I may not have a "white picket fence" type life but girls do. Lol. Thanks again for your advice it's much appreciated!

welcome-byc.gif
Greetings from Louisiana. Hope you enjoy all the poultry info!

Back
Top Bottom