I'm a Polish of some sort...

Chickenmath

Chirping
12 Years
May 6, 2011
Actually, two chick identifications are needed!

Here's the Polish:
90484_polish.jpg

And here's another view, which also happens to have the second one I'm wondering about:
90484_016.jpg

And one more pic (I actually have two of these white feathered friends):
90484_014.jpg

What kind of Polish might this be?
Are the white ones Ply. Rocks? They were bigger than the other chicks when I got them, and they've feathered out faster and are significantly bigger than the rest of the gang. More aggressive too.

I agree with the Gold Laced Polish. However, the white chick doesn't appear to be a white rock. The legs/shanks look green. Plymouth Rocks have yellow legs. Also, is that a pea comb? If it has a pea comb perhaps you have a Easter Egger. If it has a single comb perhaps a White Jersey Giant.

Well, I noticed tonight that the two white chicks have developed cheek/jowl feathers, so I think it's safe to say that they have some Auracauna blood in them! I spend time with them every day, but they seemed to develop these tufts almost overnight!

I also agree on the Gold Laced for the Polish, but I have no idea about the other one. If it's getting ear tufts, then you're probably right about it being some kind of Auracana mix. With that and the green legs, I'm guessing those 2 are Easter Eggers.

On my monitor the Polish appears to be Silver Laced??? The white bird looks much larger than the others & with the size of it's shanks I'm inclined to think White Giant.

I'll try to get some more pics tonight while they are quieter. The Polish is definitely laced. The white chicks are bigger, but I am also thinking they may have been a week older than the others. Not sure, since picked them up at the farm supply shop in town.

Here they are a big bigger these days!

90484_004.jpg

And a pic with true color-
90484_034.jpg

Here is the one of the white chicks again:
90484_047.jpg

The cheeky feathers aren't showing up very well in these pics. Maybe I am just imagining Auracauna???
90484_026.jpg

Back
Top Bottom