I'm a Polish of some sort...

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Chickenmath, May 12, 2011.

1. Chickenmath

Chickenmath Out Of The Brooder

May 6, 2011
    Actually, two chick identifications are needed!

Here's the Polish:
    [​IMG]

And here's another view, which also happens to have the second one I'm wondering about:
    [​IMG]

And one more pic (I actually have two of these white feathered friends):
    [​IMG]

What kind of Polish might this be?
    Are the white ones Ply. Rocks? They were bigger than the other chicks when I got them, and they've feathered out faster and are significantly bigger than the rest of the gang. More aggressive too.

2. Hot2Pot

Hot2Pot Fox Hollow Rabbitry

Feb 1, 2010
    West TN
    Looks like a gold laced polish. I don't know about the white one, white rock sounds logical.

3. RhodeRunner

RhodeRunner Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2009
    Ashtabula, Ohio
    I agree with the Gold Laced Polish. However, the white chick doesn't appear to be a white rock. The legs/shanks look green. Plymouth Rocks have yellow legs. Also, is that a pea comb? If it has a pea comb perhaps you have a Easter Egger. If it has a single comb perhaps a White Jersey Giant.

4. Chickenmath

May 6, 2011
    Well, I noticed tonight that the two white chicks have developed cheek/jowl feathers, so I think it's safe to say that they have some Auracauna blood in them! I spend time with them every day, but they seemed to develop these tufts almost overnight!

5. carolinasculpture

carolinasculpture Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2010
    I'll agree with GL for the polish. Looks just like mine at that age. [​IMG]

6. Blue

Blue Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2010
    Virginia
    I also agree on the Gold Laced for the Polish, but I have no idea about the other one. If it's getting ear tufts, then you're probably right about it being some kind of Auracana mix. With that and the green legs, I'm guessing those 2 are Easter Eggers.

7. NYREDS

NYREDS Overrun With Chickens

Jan 14, 2008
    On my monitor the Polish appears to be Silver Laced??? The white bird looks much larger than the others & with the size of it's shanks I'm inclined to think White Giant.

8. Chickenmath

May 6, 2011
    I'll try to get some more pics tonight while they are quieter. The Polish is definitely laced. The white chicks are bigger, but I am also thinking they may have been a week older than the others. Not sure, since picked them up at the farm supply shop in town.

9. Chickenmath

May 6, 2011
    Here they are a big bigger these days!

[​IMG]

And a pic with true color-
    [​IMG]

Here is the one of the white chicks again:
    [​IMG]

The cheeky feathers aren't showing up very well in these pics. Maybe I am just imagining Auracauna???
    [​IMG]

10. NYREDS

NYREDS Overrun With Chickens

Jan 14, 2008
    OK, absent the red light it's clearly Golden Laced.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by