I'm allergic to soy & have a feed question

Maeser

Chirping
7 Years
Jul 12, 2012
I've just found out I'm allergic to soy. I am attempting to put together a soy-free feed for my chickens from other posts on BYC. Is it possible to create a soy-free feed for turkeys? I don't think it will be easy, but I'm willing to try. I've put 6 turkey eggs under my broody hens and have my fingers crossed. I did buy a bag of turkey starter feed, which I will feed, but I would like to get to the point where all the feed is soy-free. Has anyone on here done this? Any ideas for upping the protein level? Thanks!

I've just found out I'm allergic to soy. I am attempting to put together a soy-free feed for my chickens from other posts on BYC. Is it possible to create a soy-free feed for turkeys? I don't think it will be easy, but I'm willing to try. I've put 6 turkey eggs under my broody hens and have my fingers crossed. I did buy a bag of turkey starter feed, which I will feed, but I would like to get to the point where all the feed is soy-free. Has anyone on here done this? Any ideas for upping the protein level? Thanks!
I feed only soy free feed to all my poultry, But it's also organic or non-GMO feed. There are also a couple of other companies that mill their own soy free feed. You can check out their labels. It's first ingredient is peas, I believe.
Countryside organic's.com, ans Scratch and peck feeds.com
Hope this helps

Back
Top Bottom