I'm Baffled, A Little Help?

Got some more pictures, close ups.
20191118_124321.jpg

20191118_124316.jpg

In this picture, this chicken looks male because of the saddle feathers and rust coloring. But his comb is not very prominent. Some crow early, some take their time. It seems they'll crow more if there's other roosters in the neighborhood to crow back at and compete. Anyway, I'd suspect this is your culprit but I can see why he'd be confused for a pullet.

Attachments

• 20190717_105318.jpg
    375.2 KB · Views: 6
i dont think those eggs are fertile i dont see a bulleye just a ring
on the other hand your easter egger pictured on top is a male for sure ive had quite a few ee roosters they have a distinct look to them and he has thick legs and saddle fetahers im suprised he isnt crowing yet

i dont think those eggs are fertile i dont see a bulleye just a ring
on the other hand your easter egger pictured on top is a male for sure ive had quite a few ee roosters they have a distinct look to them and he has thick legs and saddle fetahers im suprised he isnt crowing yet
Totally off topic, but, that muscovy in your avatar is so striking! I don't typically think their faces are pretty (in fact until found out what they were I referred to the flock at a local pond as the "ugly ducks") but that one is neat looking!

@Kusanar that is just a pic from the internet i found but i hope to have a muscovy someday that has black carnacles like him i think its striking also
muscovies are very quiet ducks and lots of fun to own if you have ever seen the muscovy dance you know what i mean its pretty cool the only problem ive had with them is they can fly really good

It would be so exciting if Muffin is a boy!!! but I'm still suspicious since he/she hasn't crowed yet. How old do they usually start crowing at?
Muffin, lol that is a rooster name I can totally get behind!
I can only give you a baseline of 2 weeks to over a year, they're all different and they crow when they feel the urge.
The last EE boy that I had personally crowed at 5 months, and I thought he was a girl for 5 months....his name was Susan.:D

Another possibility...how long ago did you get these hens? :idunno

I got them April 26th sooooooo 206 days or 29 weeks and 3 days.

Muffin, lol that is a rooster name I can totally get behind!
I can only give you a baseline of 2 weeks to over a year, they're all different and they crow when they feel the urge.
The last EE boy that I had personally crowed at 5 months, and I thought he was a girl for 5 months....his name was Susan.:D

That's a big gap! and Susan is such a cute name for a chicken! :love What's his name now?

Back
Top Bottom