Im concerned about my 18 week old pullet

magicstorm

Songster
May 3, 2016
Lakeland,Fl
Lethargic,wings drooping, face pale. Light brahma came out of coop this way this morning. She seemed fine yesterday. She is drinking and eating some but not normal. There was white urates under her vent. When she pooped it was firm but had undigested grass like texture. They do not have grass in the run. Yesterday I gave them a half of a spaghetti squash to share between 18 chickens. Any ideas?

Lethargic,wings drooping, face pale. Light brahma came out of coop this way this morning. She seemed fine yesterday. She is drinking and eating some but not normal. There was white urates under her vent. When she pooped it was firm but had undigested grass like texture. They do not have grass in the run. Yesterday I gave them a half of a spaghetti squash to share between 18 chickens. Any ideas?
@casportpony

I am a beginner, but Kathy knows a bunch. How old is she? When did you last worm? Do you have antibiotics, Corrid, and wormer available in case she suggests any of those things?

I am a beginner, but Kathy knows a bunch. How old is she? When did you last worm? Do you have antibiotics, Corrid, and wormer available in case she suggests any of those things?

she is 18 weeks I have not wormed them yet. I have Corid they were treated about 3 weeks ago with it. I am headed to the nearest feed store that has vitamin and wormer for chickens it is not readily available around me

That is why I asked to save a trip if you need them. I am just learning so I am tossing out ideas while I hope Kathy is available soon.
Has she started laying? Have you checked for egg bound? Temperature there?

[qu ote name="daxigait" url="/t/1127292/im-concerned-about-my-18-week-old-pullet#post_17397804"]That is why I asked to save a trip if you need them. I am just learning so I am tossing out ideas while I hope Kathy is available soon.
Has she started laying? Have you checked for egg bound? Temperature there?[/quote]
no none of mine have started laying yet. I felt around but did not feel anything that led me to believe she was egg bound. I've never had a chicken since I was an adult so not positive what to look for but I have parrots it and know what to look for on them I assume it's similar

Back
Top Bottom