I'm curious - how old would you guess this girl is? Update Post #32

looks just like my 2 French Black Copper Marans and they hatched the 1st week of Jan....so they are now about 18 weeks old. they are both just as red and one of them is starting to squat. and she looks like a hen to me. i think it depends on the breed as to how quickly they mature.

I have seen and grown quite a few chicks and this looks like a Roo to me. What makes me think that this is a roo is first very red comb and wattles, 2. The curve at the end of the tail feathers, and 3rd size of the chicken is a bit larger than the other 2.

Nate

roo
hide.gif

Make sure you keeps us posted!! If yours turns out to be a hen, then I have hope. My BA started growing wattles and comb at 4 weeks. When I posted pics, everyone said DEFINITELY roo! He hasn't crowed yet, so I guess we will both just wait and see
smile.png

When I first saw the picture, I thought she was a dead-ringer for one of my year-old BSLs. Since it appears that "it's" a BA, I can't really comment on the gender.
hide.gif

I just have to add, this thread made me smile today, which is just what I needed!

That bird looks like a hen to me. She's got a slight down turn of the feathers, but her whole body looks like a hen to me. Keep us posted!

I will go the prior poster one better and *I* will eat some chocolate if this bird lays eggs OR crows!
lol.png

Traci

Back
Top Bottom