Im Debby Ryan and Im new at Raising chickens. Had roosters before but never chickens Thanks for letting me join

chckch372

In the Brooder
Aug 16, 2022
I was trying to reply to the one girl that said she should get a Buff Orpington Rooster and he seems to be a good protector but is picking on one of my hens specifically and she runs away from h im I dont know why he is just picking on her i never noticed it til today other then pecking ssome here and there Most seem to stay by him like he s a good protecton He does watch everything and tried to go after my husband once cause my husband came in too fast and does look threatening. I just want to know why he seems to single her out

I was trying to reply to the one girl that said she should get a Buff Orpington Rooster and he seems to be a good protector but is picking on one of my hens specifically and she runs away from h im I dont know why he is just picking on her i never noticed it til today other then pecking ssome here and there Most seem to stay by him like he s a good protecton He does watch everything and tried to go after my husband once cause my husband came in too fast and does look threatening. I just want to know why he seems to single her out. Is this somehting they do

Hello Debby, and welcome to BYC! :frow Glad you joined.
If you've had roosters before, you've had chickens. They are male chickens.
Yes thats true. But my mother always made me give them to my neighbors before i could really get to know them. She never wanted to hear 5 roosters cock a doodle dooing lol So I had litte experince. And this time Im learing how to take care of hens just for eggs I dont want to eat my chickens. So I just got them for egg laying and basically pets I love them

Back
Top Bottom