I'm depressed!!!! **edit to add pictures

I bought a used 8x12 shed on Craigs List for my coop. I got a sweet deal, and the delivery was free. So with a little work inside to make it more chicken habitable, and some nice red barn paint, I was good to go!
smile.png

If the heart of the doors are still good, you could re-cover the inside with some thin plywood and paint it for weather protection. Regarding the gap at the bottom, I would dig the dirt out and set some flat stones like pavers and you can bring them up to narrow the doors gap at the bottom. You could also do sacked concrete or something like these:

9aa4dc55-231b-4a30-aed5-dd9f73be699b_400.jpg

thanks!!! I'm in central florida, I know there are alot of byc people near here, but I don't know them, would feel bad for asking, I would pay for a day of help though! I keep checking craigs, now I'm checking more when i know what i'm looking for.

Quote:

can you post a pic of the hinges on the doors, the hardware that holds the door to the shed! Sorry all but I suck at spelling! Going to need place some presure treated 2x4 or some bricks under that door to fill in that gap. A easy way to keep those doors closed would be a 2x4 across the doors one on top and one on bottom. Do live in Florida? I so I can come to you!
Martin

If you ask for help at the home depot they may give you some pointer. Also go to the public library and look through some books I'm sure you'll get some ideas. You can do this.

bout an hour hour and half. Thank you so much for offering! But I assume that your a man, and my husband would not be to happy, he doesn't trust other men around his wife and babies when he is not home.
You are very sweet to offer, and have given great advice.
but I have got to keep my man happy. He would be good with a woman, but not a guy. but again thank you thank you thank you!
thumbsup.gif

Quote:

No problem!
wink.png
We will get you through it! take step by step. Clean shed out first work on the nesting boxes and roost and we will walk through the doors when you reach that point. This will be very easy!
thumbsup.gif

Martin

Back
Top Bottom