I'm desperately needing help, my flock is dying one by one!

ZionHill

Hatching
May 1, 2023
A week ago one of my chickens was showing signs of respiratory distress, you could hear the gurgling when she breathed, she had no appetite so I immediately went on here and read that she should be given Tylan 50 by injection .5ml twice a day. and on day two she started going downhill and was gasping I have been applying the VetRx, syringe feeding electrolytes/probiotics/vitamins. Also made a combination of garlic, turmeric, ginger, oregano and thyme mixture.

4 days later another chicken was showing the same signs and had a loud gurgling sound, she is now declining.

What is baffling me is another chicken that is in a completely different area across my property now has this respiratory issue with the loud gurgle sound and she is declining rapidly. I keep their coop clean and provide them with organic healthy food, I give them added supplements to boost their immune system, ACV in their water, fresh organic veggies etc... I don't know what else to do, I am devasted and I don't know if there is a different antibiotic I should be using? PLEASE any advice is appreciated.

This is link from Facebook page that is of my first chicken, the rattle sound got much worse.

https://fb.watch/koOPUGF4jS/

Last edited:
Welcome to BYC, sorry your chickens are sick. You could try increasing the Tylan 50 dose to:
  • 0.25 ml per pound of body weight orally four times a day
  • 0.33 ml per pound of body weight orally three times a day
  • 0.5 ml per pound of body weight orally two times a day
The tylosin (Tylan) dose for chickens is 50 mg (1 ml of Tylan 50) per pound per day. The turkey dose is 60 mg per pound per day.

Tylosin works best when given several times a day.

Thank you I will try upping the dose. Someone on one of the forums here recommended LA-200, do you think I should switch?
Welcome to BYC, sorry your chickens are sick. You could try increasing the Tylan 50 dose to:
  • 0.25 ml per pound of body weight orally four times a day
  • 0.33 ml per pound of body weight orally three times a day
  • 0.5 ml per pound of body weight orally two times a day
The tylosin (Tylan) dose for chickens is 50 mg (1 ml of Tylan 50) per pound per day. The turkey dose is 60 mg per pound per day.

Tylosin works best when given several times a day.

Cut out all the veggies, supplements, herbs and spices, they're actually complicating things and possibly toxic to your birds.
Everything they are getting they have been given on a regular basis most of their life and I of course make sure they are not toxic vegetables or herbs to chickens.

Everything they are getting they have been given on a regular basis most of their life and I of course make sure they are not toxic vegetables or herbs to chickens.
Yes, but if they get too much it dilutes the nutrition they get from their feed and weakens their immune systems.
Garlic is toxic to birds in general.

A week ago one of my chickens was showing signs of respiratory distress, you could hear the gurgling when she breathed, she had no appetite so I immediately went on here and read that she should be given Tylan 50 by injection .5ml twice a day. and on day two she started going downhill and was gasping I have been applying the VetRx, syringe feeding electrolytes/probiotics/vitamins. Also made a combination of garlic, turmeric, ginger, oregano and thyme mixture.

4 days later another chicken was showing the same signs and had a loud gurgling sound, she is now declining.

What is baffling me is another chicken that is in a completely different area across my property now has this respiratory issue with the loud gurgle sound and she is declining rapidly. I keep their coop clean and provide them with organic healthy food, I give them added supplements to boost their immune system, ACV in their water, fresh organic veggies etc... I don't know what else to do, I am devasted and I don't know if there is a different antibiotic I should be using? PLEASE any advice is appreciated.

This is link from Facebook page that is of my first chicken, the rattle sound got much worse.

https://fb.watch/koOPUGF4jS/
Following! I’m having similar issues with my girls

Back
Top Bottom