I'm finally getting eggs!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by amyparrotflock, Nov 15, 2009.

1. amyparrotflock

amyparrotflock Out Of The Brooder

May 17, 2009
    Columbus, OH
    Yesterday I got my first egg, my girls have been here a month on the 20th, I guess they weren't settled in until yesterday.

Today I got two more eggs, one in the morning one in the late afternoon. I was out in the garden digging up the herbs to bring in and Abby wouldn't leave me alone, she was getting under foot, and just wanted attention attention attention. I finally got tired of trying to hold her in one arm (she seems to love it) and dig up the plants with the free arm so I brough them both in. It wasn't even twenty minutes of them being in that I noticed she was on egg!

Ziva layid hers in the morning, just after cleaning their cage- they are house chickens- to dangerous to leave them out all day/night. They dont like their nest box though, both eggs have been on the cage floor.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I thought I did my homework on them, but now I wonder how long the eggs will last, and any other precautions I should take with them. I'm already fanatic about the calcium/protein intake, but they're easy to please!!

Last edited: Nov 15, 2009
  2. aimeeinwv

aimeeinwv Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG][​IMG]:ya

It's like Christmas isn't it!!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by