IM FREAKING OUT hen with sudden foamy eyes

Opiumbrella

Songster
Jul 30, 2021
My 10 year old (almost 11) partridge Plymouth Rock hen was fine just hours ago. I came out to throw some cold melon, and she had foamy eyes. It’s been cool and rainy up until just a few days ago when the temp shot up and now it’s 93/95 degrees out. I isolated her instantly. Sanitized the waters/feeders, roosts, and have her doxycycline in her water. She is acting normal, just shaking her head cis her eyes are foamy. Everything I read makes it seem like even if she survives she will not stop being sick and will pass it to all my chickens forever. What do I do? Does it have to be Coryza/mycoplasma/newcastle/cholera or can foamy eyes be a sign of something else? Her face isn’t swollen, her eyes aren’t swollen, just foamy, no odd smell, she has a good appetite, please someone help me stop freaking out.

We've had a similar situation with some of our hens and 1 of our ducks. In our experience it was a worm that had infested the eye. But regardless if it is a bacteria, the best thing to do is put Vet Rx on a q-tip and then apply the q-tip to the roof of their mouth twice a day. This will clear out any eye infections and normally works with in the week.

We've had a similar situation with some of our hens and 1 of our ducks. In our experience it was a worm that had infested the eye. But regardless if it is a bacteria, the best thing to do is put Vet Rx on a q-tip and then apply the q-tip to the roof of their mouth twice a day. This will clear out any eye infections and normally works with in the week.
It started foaming suddenly, and then went away suddenly before she could even drink her antibiotics. This am her eyes are bright and clear and normal. I don’t know what to do.

Thank you bye for replying to me. I was getting oretty desperate for someone to answer and my post just got buried.

Back
Top Bottom