I'm getting 5 light Brahma hens tomorrow!!!!! (update with pics.....)

gocrow77

Crow's Nest
10 Years
May 13, 2009
Central MO
Yup, my cousin from Norwood called me to offer me 5 FREE hens from her flock. She is planning a long distance move before this fall and is rehoming all of her livestock - she has goats and such too. ( anyone in mid MO looking for a herd of brush goats and a pair of bonded GP? ) I am getting the youngest of her laying hens; she gave me first choice and was one of the influences that got me into chickens. I'm all excited and can't wait til tomorrow so I can drive to her mothers place to pick up my new girls! YAY!
D.gif
D.gif
D.gif
D.gif
D.gif
Maybe we will get our first eggs from these ladies.....

Last edited:
I love Light Brahmas! Of course, I only have babies, but what gorgeous chickens they are.

If you need a fix, there is a great video on youtube of Light Brahmas, specifically two named Hugo and Odin. Here is a link:

He may be a rooster of a user here. Not sure, but they are beauties!

Last edited:
Well, since she started out early this morning she mistakenly gave me one roo instead of a hen. But, now I have 4 brahma hens and 1 brahma roo home. We started talking chickens with her mom and I walked over to see her mom's chicken barn and run. Man!!! Those are some LUCKY chickens aunt Janet only has a small mixed flock of banties and standards ( maybe 25 birds altogether ) but they have at least a full acre to run in with several trees and lots of stuff to play on. She went into the barn while I was admiring the girls and fellas from outside. She emerged with 2 little cochin hens! She said she had been trying to break them from being broody and I could HAVE them!! SO I got 4 brahma hens, 1 brahma rooster, 1 gold laced banty cochin, and one standard white cochin hen - WOW! Definitely worth the trip, and I got to visit with family to boot. I had a great day
big_smile.png

I took pics of them, since it was requested. But keep in mind this fella has had just 4 girls all to HIMSELF, lol. They are a bit rough as a result - his favorite hen is in the worst shape. He never lets any of them out of his sight, but she can't even go into the nest box to lay her egg without him jumping up there and keeping an eye on her. I was a little apprehensive to getting an older roo that I had not raised but this guy is a gentleman as far as interacting with humans goes. Not really friendly, but not aggressive either - perfect for my needs. Oh and the two cochins from my aunt are adorable! One is a really nice fluffy white girl and the other is a gold lace. Here they are...

brahmasandcochins002.jpg

brahmasandcochins011.jpg

brahmasandcochins007.jpg

brahmasandcochins009.jpg

brahmasandcochins014.jpg

Back
Top Bottom