1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    Not a member yet? join BYC here & then introduce yourself in our community forum here.

I'm getting a goat!!!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by ilovemychickies, Feb 5, 2008.

1. Hi all! One of our family friends has a herd of goats and one of them is going to have triplets! She said that we can have 2 of them. We are going to get 2 girls that is if there are 2 girls. We went and saw the goat today (her name is Zena) and her tummy was huge! Thanks for reading this. I just had to tell somebody!!! I can't wait! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Congrats chickies!
    I've only had Billy since Saturday and already I'm hopelessly in love with him.

Others here know more than I do about goats, but from what I've read castrated males make excellent pets too; perhaps better than a female?

3. lauralou

lauralou Songster

Dec 10, 2007
    Central Virginia
    Cool! Do you know what kind of goat?

4. We're going to get a girl because we're wanting some fresh milk. But someday I want a billy goat! I wanna them to be able to have babies. We think that they are a Nigerian-Pygmy cross. They are the cutest things!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: