I'm getting chicks tomorrow!!

Andora

Songster
11 Years
Aug 26, 2008
Lexington, Kentucky
I'm so excited, and my DH just thinks I am insane.

We're going to a farm to pick out some chicks tomorrow afternoon. Some are hatching tonight/tomorrow morning and she has others that range in ages. She's a good breeder and there are several breeds to choose from. I want to get a barred rock, several polish, a buttercup, and not sure what else.

wee.gif

I can't wait!

jumpy.gif

I love pictures too, I can never see too many chick(en) pics! I'll be sure to post some.

I should probably get their brooder all set up now...after my last bad experience brooding 14 chicks in our back room, my DH has banned all future chicks to the garage.

Quote:
You could always pay a visit to your local feed store and pick up a few to tide you over.

wink.png

I'm going to go to TSC and pick out a few more chicks, whenever they get theirs in, because...I have no will power.
roll.png

Congrats! Are you all set up and the brooder warmed? That was my biggest mistake, I got the chicks spur of the moment and had nothing ready! Have fun! Can't wait to see pics. (especially of the buttercup)

I will set up the brooder in the morning I think. I already have the cage and the lamps and new bulbs, just have to put it all together.

I'm excited about the buttercup too. The breeder said that her's are very friendly chickens! I don't know much about buttercups, but they look interesting.

Anyone have any good tips on picking pullets out of the straight run chicks? I'm almost desperate enough to try the ring on a chain trick.
lau.gif
I ALWAYS end up with all roosters, even when I ordered pullets from Ideal I got an abnormal amount of surprise roos!

Well she didn't have any buttercups right now, because her temps got off on her most recent hatch and most of them died.
sad.png

But I did get a blue andalusian, a white polish, a barred rock, and a crevecoeur!

Here's the white polish...she's about 6 weeks old, so not exactly a fuzz butt...but beautiful none the less!

492218206_qaZJK-M.jpg

Back
Top Bottom