Im getting impatient! Help me out!

Ok so she was up off the nest today. None have piped and none have hatched. I candled the eggs and couldn't see anything. Just the air sac, some veins close to the air cell, and then just a big black area. Couldn't tell any movement or anything. One egg was pushed out of the nest. Was really cold so we decided to crack it. :hit it was alive and looked to only be day 18-20 days incubation using Google to compare. How is this possible when shes been sitting on the nest almost 40 days now. And why did she push it out of the nest?

Ok so she was up off the nest today. None have piped and none have hatched. I candled the eggs and couldn't see anything. Just the air sac, some veins close to the air cell, and then just a big black area. Couldn't tell any movement or anything. One egg was pushed out of the nest. Was really cold so we decided to crack it. :hit it was alive and looked to only be day 18-20 days incubation using Google to compare. How is this possible when shes been sitting on the nest almost 40 days now. And why did she push it out of the nest?

Don’t feel too bad. She’s the one that kicked that egg out, not you. But now you’ve gained some useful information, and know you need to wait maybe another week.

Do you think another goose added eggs to her nest after she began sitting? She could be sitting on eggs of different ages.

If you see her off the nest again, maybe you could gather all the eggs and candle them. but if it was me, I wouldn’t be able to tell which are dead. I’ve opened ones before that looked dead and they weren’t. All I can tell is when they are alive and move, then I know they aren’t dead.

Don’t feel too bad. She’s the one that kicked that egg out, not you. But now you’ve gained some useful information, and know you need to wait maybe another week.

Do you think another goose added eggs to her nest after she began sitting? She could be sitting on eggs of different ages.

If you see her off the nest again, maybe you could gather all the eggs and candle them. but if it was me, I wouldn’t be able to tell which are dead. I’ve opened ones before that looked dead and they weren’t. All I can tell is when they are alive and move, then I know they aren’t dead.
I only have 1 goose and 1 gander so nobody was adding to the nest. @Miss Lydia must be right. But I marked the day she started tending to the nest down on my calendar and the 1st day that she started sitting on it around the clock and then 30 days later as hatch day....

So today I stole all the eggs ran them into a dark room and candled them again! I could see any movement but this is what I saw.... idk guys what do you think, they were dead still no movement in the eggs at all. They all looked like this!
20200525_121657.jpg

If they are dead, I have some ducklings hatching out in a incubator in the next day or two, I might give them to her so she can momma. It's so sad! Shes been sitting on this nest diligently for 45 days now! You think slipping ducklings under her would work?

Back
Top Bottom