I'm getting my geese!

muddywaterducks

In the Brooder
May 30, 2016
NC
I was originally going to order from Metzer Farms but their pricing went thru the roof! Has anyone else noticed this? Anyway, I ordered 2 pairs of Saddle-back Poms and I am super excited! I hope everyone is having a good day! What breeds of geese do you have? I will be looking into new breeds next year so give me some ideas!

Sebastopol mixes. I have three of these and another mixed goose. The gander is Comet. The other two Sebastopol mixes names are Blizzard and Jennifer. The other mixed goose is named Dinosaur, she has a bump on her head that makes her look like a dinosaur.

:woot:woot How exciting! I've been meaning to add a pair of geese to my backyard and have been looking at purely poultry, It's $40 for a pair (Day old female and male) And I just can't wait to get em' Well.. Once it warms up :ya

I've raised pure White Sebastopols for about 12 years now, flock of 6 currently. Before that I had a mixed flock of many different breeds, little over 70 adults in total.

I ordered a pair of buff goslings from Ideal Poultry after seeing Metzer's prices haha

Embdens and Pomeranians were my first choice - but I ended up going with a quieter breed in the end. Where did you order from, do you know when you'll be getting them in?
I'd love to see pictures of your goslings when they come in!

As for different breeds... I always thought Africans were beautiful birds, though as shown above sebastopols are very popular! Expensive though.

I have brown Chinese that we got from a mixed breed bin at the feed store. I love them, but I don’t know that I’d recommend them- they are VERY noisy (more so than other geese I’ve had) and the hen lays half the year or more- a lot of hormonal goose time!

When I was a kid, we had a pair of pilgrim geese that were awesome- very calm.

My little ones are coming in around February the 15th! I'm hoping the weather should be more stabalizied around then, because it sure has been cold lately for Texas standards! Luckily, Ideal is only about 2 hours away so hopefully they shouldn't be in for too long of a trip. Less than thirty days!! :love

Back
Top Bottom