I'm getting sick from eating duck eggs

Hello. We've had chickens for going on 5 years now. This past July, they started making me sick. About 3 or 4 hours after eating them, I'd throw up. My husband was able to eat them just fine. They are very healthy birds - fed a high quality Non GMO feed from a local feed mill, along with sprouted fodder (barley, oats, peas, boss and flax) and free range on 5 acres of pasture/woods. I assumed that I had developed an allergy to eggs - apparently its fairly common. We got ducks, but the duck eggs made me sick too. No lasting symptoms - after its out your system, you're just fine. However, I found that I am able to eat eggs that aren't from my chickens. This past weekend I caved in when we went out to breakfast and got eggs benedict - felt great. Since I haven't been able to eat eggs for breakfast, my husband hasn't had any in ages - just never bothered since we'd make an egg-free breakfast for me, he'd just have the same. Well today he had 2 duck eggs for breakfast and sure enough, 3 or 4 hours later he was paying homage to the porcelain god. So apparently there is something just in OUR chicken/duck eggs that is making us throw up but I can't imagine what it is. High quality feed, clean fresh water, fresh air and sunshine. Has anyone ever heard of this? I'd send them in for testing if I knew what to test for.

Hello. We've had chickens for going on 5 years now. This past July, they started making me sick. About 3 or 4 hours after eating them, I'd throw up. My husband was able to eat them just fine. They are very healthy birds - fed a high quality Non GMO feed from a local feed mill, along with sprouted fodder (barley, oats, peas, boss and flax) and free range on 5 acres of pasture/woods. I assumed that I had developed an allergy to eggs - apparently its fairly common. We got ducks, but the duck eggs made me sick too. No lasting symptoms - after its out your system, you're just fine. However, I found that I am able to eat eggs that aren't from my chickens. This past weekend I caved in when we went out to breakfast and got eggs benedict - felt great. Since I haven't been able to eat eggs for breakfast, my husband hasn't had any in ages - just never bothered since we'd make an egg-free breakfast for me, he'd just have the same. Well today he had 2 duck eggs for breakfast and sure enough, 3 or 4 hours later he was paying homage to the porcelain god. So apparently there is something just in OUR chicken/duck eggs that is making us throw up but I can't imagine what it is. High quality feed, clean fresh water, fresh air and sunshine. Has anyone ever heard of this? I'd send them in for testing if I knew what to test for.

@harbisgirl...did you figure this out? At first, I thought maybe it was just the duck eggs making me sick. No problem, I thought, I'll just eat my chicken eggs. Well, this am I had a belly ache after eating my chicken eggs. No one else in my family seems to be affected. I'm thinking of changing the feed and trying again.

Back
Top Bottom