I'M GOING INSANE!

KathyJB

Songster
11 Years
May 9, 2012
I have a Little Giant without a fan. The darn thing hasn't worked at all the past few days and today Is the worst. I started incubating last Tuesday the 27th and it was fine. It had a few ups and downs but I could keep up with it.
Today it spiked to 102.8, and I'm hoping my babies aren't hard boiled. It was only up for about 45 minutes to an hour. So I turned it all the way down and back up and it's been slow getting the temp up again. I went to the post office to look and see if hubby's ebay find had come in and instead found my Spot Check thermometer. It's either way off or the mercury thermometers in there are not on the plastic sheet right. It's reading way lower than what they are.
I'm so afraid my babies are gone.

By the way, I have a Brinsea Octagon 20 Advanced coming tomorrow afternoon. That thing needs to be all I was told it was for the money I paid for it. It's just not been a very good morning at all.

Oh, I was wondering if I should go by what the spot check says or the mercury thermometers?

Yiannisk, I THANK YOU one hundred fold. It is now 99.5 and has been for a while now according to the spot check. I just hope the babies are still with me. I'm still moving them to the Brinsea when it gets here.

When I washed the thermometers that came with the LG I inadvertently slid the glass part and I didn't know what position it was supposed to be on the plastic numbered thing for an accurate reading

My experience is that the still air are **** near impossible to get a steady temp on. This is my third hatch. My last 2 hatches where delayed till day 23 and I believe that is was from to low temp. I tried to keep it at 99.5 - 100. So after reading and ready alot of people have better success at 102.0. Im on my third batch and it fluctuates from 101- 103 however by now with the last 2 hatches I had all ready lost more then half my batches both times, this time so far ive only lost one egg and im on day 14 so im thinking the higher heat his better of course not to high

Since I got the spot check in with the eggs, my life has been better. My Brinsea came in but the humidity pump isn't spinning. But then I don't know if it's supposed to.
hmm.png

I have a Brinsea with the humidity pump and it doesn't run all the time. Just occasionally half a turn here and half a turn there. As long as humidity is within 1 or 2% of what you want, it doesn't run constantly. Hopefully yours is working correctly! :/

I have a Brinsea with the humidity pump and it doesn't run all the time. Just occasionally half a turn here and half a turn there. As long as humidity is within 1 or 2% of what you want, it doesn't run constantly. Hopefully yours is working correctly! :/
I hope you're right. The humidity is staying pretty good and I was just listening to it and it wasn't going on and off like it was last night. I don't know if it turned, looks like it might have. I think I'll take a picture with my phone to keep up with it. So much going on right now. Staining my deck and I need to go check on a heifer. Plus I need to mow :D

Back
Top Bottom