I'm going to try Quails

droolin.gif
now that looks good, my two favorite things bacon and quail!

OK so my eggs came today and they all made it OK, I am going to set them tonight at about 3am as I'm on nights.
So day one will be Saturday if they are E/W they should take 18 days right? at 99.5 F I am running the humidity in the 40's i read lots of posts and it looks like 40- 50% is a good range or did i miss something ?

Your eggs need to "rest" 24 hours after receiving them in the mail for the best results. Basically open the package so they can breath, get acclimated to room temps, leave in shipping carton open with "pointy end" down.

Your temps you mentioned are good, as are the humidity levels. be sure to lock down on day 14 and increase humidity to 70%. Don't be surprised if the start hatching on day 16.

The first 24 hours in the bator is day 0. the next 24 hours would be day 1, etc.

Good luck with your hatch! You are the first one to be on top of it in a long time here.
thumbsup.gif

I never new 24 hrs would take so long! it's been 18 and 1/2 hrs now and it's killing me! lol (I'm just like a little kid at Christmas)
They are just sat there on the table pointy end down
big_smile.png
willing me to do it, but I must stay strong!!

Good job! You will be glad you waited when you get a good hatch rate compared to if you would have chunked them in the bator. I wish you well and hope to see many photos of your new fuzzies in around 18 days.

Is it me is that 14 days.........LOCK DOWN TIME!!!!!!!!!! wish me luck
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom