I'm gonna finally get my chickens and ducks!!!

Ibicella

Songster
10 Years
Nov 13, 2009
Everett, WA
Been a really long time since I've posted here because I haven't had any birdies of my own.

WHICH IS CHANGING NOW! I finally have a BYC worthy post and an update to this thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/724496/im-officially-a-home-owner

We've been busy, busy, busy getting our suburban homestead put together over the last year. We got the vegetable garden created first, and we've started our first beehive in April, which is growing like crazy and doing fantastically right now. :)

I just placed my order with McMurray hatchery this morning for a 7/7 shipment! OMG I'M SO EXCITED!!!!
celebrate.gif

We have decided on:

1 Black Australorp

1 Partridge Rock

1 Silver Laced Wyandotte

12 Red Ranger Broilers

1 free mystery rare chick (No idea what sex/breed it will be)

3 Cayuga ducks, 2 hens, 1 drake. Can't have roosters, but I can have a drake! :)

We're getting our deck torn down (it's a massive not-to-code safety hazard) and professionally rebuilt with the chicken/duck coop and run underneath it next week. Our contractor is quite excited, since he has chickens of his own, and he's never done a deck/coop/run setup before. :)

They'll have TONS of space, at least a good 10 x 24 feet of it and can freerange in a fully fenced 1/4 acre backyard.

These are my first birds and I'm just ECSTATIC. I've wanted chickens and ducks of my own since I was a kid working on a local farm.

This is such a trip. My husband and I are having SO much fun in our homesteading adventures. :)

Wish us luck and any advice and tips you have, please share them! I haven't cared for chickens and ducks since I was 12 and I need to brush up on my knowledge. *Blows the dust off my brain*

Last edited:
Thanks earlybird10842! Pics will DEFINITELY be coming!

Um...Ok, they aren't chickens, but I can give you at least this picture of me hiving my sweet bees. :)

Hopefully everybody will get along since the birds and the bees will be in the same place.

That came out really wrong.
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom