Im gonna start the great debate!

Driley62

Songster
Jun 8, 2021
Chazy, NY
So! I'm looking to switch feed for our flock. For the last year I've been feeding dumor from tractor supply. I've gotten it narrowed down to Nutrena or poulin grain(for you north eastern/New England folks out there). But my neighbor out of the two picks Nutrena. I like their plaid perks program and many people I hear use it swear by it. Also a few people I hear that use poulin grain also love and swear by it. I'd love to buy direct in bulk by a local grain mill(poulin mill is only about 30 minutes away) but I unfortunately don't have a place to put a bulk amount of feed.

Anyways, what's everyone swear by as far as feed? I've been told that both are very good.

I did feed Nutrena All Flock 20%, but was looking for an organic. TSC didn't have an All Flock organic with the protein % I wanted, but a small feed store a few miles away does. So I feed Kalmbach All Flock Organic 20%.
I don't know any feed stores around me that sells that. I've heard of it but nobody near me sells it.

I've gotten it narrowed down to Nutrena or poulin grain(for you north eastern/New England folks out there). But my neighbor out of the two picks Nutrena. I like their plaid perks program and many people I hear use it swear by it.
I've never bought Poulin feed.
I buy Purina Start & Grow medicated to feed to chicks till 10 weeks old, then switch to Nutrina Starter Grower Non-medicated when bag is empty.
Nutrina Starter Grower Medicated isn't available at my two local TSC stores. GC

Back
Top Bottom