I'm having such a hard time deciding which chicks to sell!

Brahmamama4

In the Brooder
9 Years
Apr 18, 2010
Washington
Of course I bought extra Cochins from Ideal after hearing all of the horror stories about all or some of them dying in shipment. The problem is none of them died and they are all so pretty and nice! Then chicken math kicked in and I picked up 3 Salmon Faverolles because they are supposed to have such wonderful temperaments and lay eggs more often then the Cochins. Now I can't decide what birds to keep! My coop and run will only comfortably keep 6. I have 10. How do you decide which ones go?

Build a bigger coop and go get some more
tongue2.gif

I am too. I originally wanted 12 and thought I would give away the rest of the 26 chick order but ummm... chicken math being what it is and my first shipment having 16 losses (they shipped 44 not 26). Well I ended up getting the replacements of course... and they threw in a ton of red star males. *grumbles* hmmm

Soooo.. now I'm trying to sort out what I want from what I don't... its so hard!! especially since Ive fallen in love with them before i knew for sure which are boys and which are girls.

I second the 'build a bigger coup' thing... *already in planning stages here!* Chicken math... 12=46 now if only that was the way my checkbook worked...

Of course I bought extra Cochins from Ideal after hearing all of the horror stories about all or some of them dying in shipment. The problem is none of them died and they are all so pretty and nice! Then chicken math kicked in and I picked up 3 Salmon Faverolles because they are supposed to have such wonderful temperaments and lay eggs more often then the Cochins. Now I can't decide what birds to keep! My coop and run will only comfortably keep 6. I have 10. How do you decide which ones go?

Why not post some pics of them on here with a poll and let us help you decide
smile.png

Well my chicken calculator just up and broke on me lol lol ..... I have 97 birds...how do I know this......hubby went and counted for me proving a point that I am out of control!!!! Sooo I had to break out the chicken logic.....well honey half of those are gonna be roos so we are gonna eat those....reply uh huh right......then we have to get our layers chosen .......reply uh huh ........ then we have to see which roos are gonna work for us for my different breeds and the main flock.......reply uh huh ......and well the turkeys are for the holidays......reply just a grim look at this point....then he asked what about the ducks we don't even like duck meat....with a big beautiful smile I replied well honey for the eggs of course you can't bake ANYTHING without a duck egg it makes the world of difference!!! Then the youngest pipes in with duckling in hand and Daddy they are sooooooo cute look he loves me as the duckling is nuzzling under the 6yr old's neck.....I won I won!!!!!!!! lol lol

Back
Top Bottom