I'm in pain...

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Daddas1Punkin, Dec 31, 2012.

1. Daddas1Punkin

Daddas1Punkin Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2012
    Ca.
    Ow, my legs hurt constantly! Just for the past, hmmm.... maybe two weeks. We used a foot pump to air up our truck tires and my legs already hurt bad, now they really hurt! I slipped and fell on my right knee about three months ago and it hasn't felt right since, but now the backs of my legs hurt BAD! I put hot rice bags on them at night, that helps a lot! but that only lasts for about half an hour. I took, Advil. Nothin... Tylenol, Nothin. Idk what to do anymore. I don't want to go to the dr. but I might have to if this keeps up. I'm losing a lot of sleep over it. and I pay for it by not getting things done in the day cause, I either sleep way late, or I get up and I drag allllllll day! Rice bags are in the microwave now, and then I'm off to bed before the pain can keep me up. If i fall asleep before they get cold, I'm able to sleep for a couple of hours, but If I don't, they hurt to where I can't sleep. I can't just keep heating them up all night long. I'm taking a new kind of magnesium as of tonight, maybe that'll help??? I HOPE SO! I have a lot that needs to get done tomorrow so I need some good rest.. Night all. Have a good day tomorrow!
    [​IMG]

2. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    A bit more than a year ago the back of my left leg started hurting real bad. I don't recall doing anything unusual, didn't do anything that caused pain or possible injury that I could think off, but it wouldn't stop hurting. After about 3 weeks I couldn't take it anymore and went to the dr. He examined my leg and said I'd torn a ligament in the back of my knee and for some sadistic reason pulled my leg sideways so the joint opens to show me. I nearly slapped him!

I think pumping the tires may have caused some damage to your leg muscles/ligaments and if it hurts this bad you should go see a dr and get something anti-inflammatory and something for the pain. Good luck and I hope you recover quick [​IMG]

3. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Quote:
    This may work for you.

As for me, there is no solution for oldage. I HATE COLD AND WINTER! [​IMG]

4. Manic J

Manic J Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 20, 2012
    Funkytown USA
    I don't know all of your symptoms, or risk factors, but let me say this. . . . Get to a Doctor !!

What you have described could be something serious like Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT). Then again it could be something inconsequential. If it is DVT which is very serious though not life threatening in and of itself, DVT's can dislodge becoming an Embolism and travel through the Vascular System, most often winding up in the lungs, which is then called a Pulmonary Embolism. . . . Which is not conducive with life.

Better heir on the side of caution and get to a Doctor, OK?

5. Chickenfan4life

Chickenfan4life Overrun With Chickens

Aug 28, 2012
    Planet No
    I agree with Manic J. GET A DOCTOR! Have you told your parents?

6. Daddas1Punkin

Feb 9, 2012
    Ca.
    thank you! ow.

yes.\

sorry, the quote thing got mixed up... [​IMG]

7. Daddas1Punkin

Feb 9, 2012
    Ca.
    I'm a lot better today thank you everyone!

8. oldrooster

oldrooster One Crazy Nut

Still youd better see a doctor, your too young for problems like this.

9. MeatKing

MeatKing Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm glad you are feeling better today. When the back of my legs hurt, I can be sure, I'm not drinking enough water.. If your already in pain, maybe filling up your water glass has, gotten to the back burner,, I fill up two glasses at night, big ones. This has helped with back of the leg pain.
    I also always wear warm socks to bed, drives hubby nuts.. I need socks on, or my shins ache. It's been this way since I hit puberty.. I even wear socks to bed in the summer..

I agree, see a doc.a must in the mean time, try these things..

10. MeatKing

MeatKing Chillin' With My Peeps

ps doc, wanted to put me on Arthiristis meds at 14.. i said, no, as I'm still way to young to need meds for the rest of my life..

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by