I'm Jason

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by chogo7, Sep 20, 2018.

1. chogo7

chogo7 In the Brooder

Sep 19, 2018
    Hello all.
    My name is Jason and I have been wanting to get chickens, goat and sheep for a while now and I think its time to start. I live in Denham Springs, Louisiana outside of the city limits. I am either a farmer at heart or a survivalist by any means. Some of the things I know and have done are carpentry, plumbing, electrical, very light auto mechanic work, knifesmithing, swordsmithing, learning coding in Java and now ... farming.

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? Yes, no chickens right now.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
    none

(3) What breeds do you have?
    I am seeking Rhode Island Reds, Barred Rock, and maybe another breed but I have not decided on that one yet. I am taking suggestions.

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?
    A long time ago I did a search and found you all easily but was only researching. Even then you all have helped me out a lot which is why I am becoming a member now. You all are great help by the way.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
    swordsmithing, kifesmithing, carpentry, basically working with my hands. I am soon to be a pastor but can help anyone with any questions or study of the Bible now. Just ask in a message.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
    I am married (Jill) with two kids (Colston 7, Eden 9). I am not working right now because of a fully torn left rotator cuff and an almost fully torn right rotator cuff. I am not one to push Jesus on anyone but will gladly talk with anyone about Him if they want more information. I stand firm in my faith and am unwavering.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community?
    Look back at #4. It's been about 3 years since I first say BYC. I gave it no second though and clicked off of the forum. It was not the information I was seeking at the time. A year ago, I saw BYC again and spent some time and it was then I realized that it truly WAS the information I was seeking the first time.

007Sean, BlueBaby, ronott1 and 6 others like this.
  2. rjohns39

rjohns39 Enabler

Aug 20, 2015
    Smith County, TN
    Hi Jason and welcome to BYC :frow We're so happy you've decided to join us :ya

Very nice intro...

007Sean, N F C, BlueBaby and 7 others like this.
  3. chogo7

chogo7 In the Brooder

Sep 19, 2018
    Thanks. You all have been helping me since before I was a member and God kept bringing me right back to you all. So, I figured I would sign up and have fun. Thanks for having me.

4. Pork Pie

Pork Pie Flockwit

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi Jason and welcome to BYC

On this link you'll find lots of information on almost every aspect of keeping birds - from coop building ideas, to incubating eggs - https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/

There’s a link on the page above to the Learning Centre - it’s a great resource. If you have a specific topic in mind, just type it in the search box - there's a wealth of information on past and present threads.

Each week, various topics are discussed, which can also be a great resource - https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/topic-of-the-week-thread-archives

This is a useful link of BYC guides to take a look at announcements-feedback-issues-guides.3- You can use this link to contact members in your area - Find your State's thread.

Best wishes

Pork Pie

007Sean, chogo7, N F C and 7 others like this.
  5. Farmer Connie

Farmer Connie TRICK OR TREAT?

Feb 28, 2017
    Florida Peninsula
    My Coop
    3836.gif 1163894-fa6c82b73dd5829fc6acafd6a2529984.gif

007Sean, rjohns39, Pork Pie and 8 others like this.
  6. Chick-N-Fun

Chick-N-Fun Feather & Fur Whisperer

Jun 26, 2014
    Upstate NY
    Howdy Jason! :frow Welcome to our FUN-omenal Flock!
    Make yourself at home and have lots of FUN!

007Sean, rjohns39, Pork Pie and 7 others like this.
  7. FrankieDoodle

FrankieDoodle Crossing the Road

Jul 29, 2017
    California
    :frow Welcome to BYC!!! :woot

007Sean, rjohns39, Pork Pie and 6 others like this.
  8. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years.

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Hi Jason, Welcome to Backyard chickens :frow

007Sean, rjohns39, Pork Pie and 5 others like this.
  9. HeavensHens88

HeavensHens88 Remembering the Forgotten

May 17, 2015
    Lost, I fear.
    Welcome to BYC, Jason! :frow

Fantastic to see that God and Google are on our side in the matter of recruits. :lol: Also, what an awesome path you're taking as an aspiring pastor! :D

Here's hoping that you find our community to be overflowing with all the poultry info you could ever be in need of- and maybe you'll make a few lasting acquaintances along the way. :highfive:

10. JedJackson

JedJackson Free Ranging

Jul 6, 2016
    Welcome, Jason, nice to have you as a new member of the community. Enjoy exploring the website and hope to see you joining in the conversations and starting your own.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: