Im jealous at them! --- lucky them

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Skitz, May 2, 2009.

1. Skitz

Skitz Skitz15k

Nov 11, 2008
    Today the temp is at 47 F and I went to check on my 2 week old chicks to see if they were alright and they are happier then never! the temp reads they're at 89 F!!!! thats not fair lol I think im going to live with them on the brooder lol [​IMG]
    Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2009
  2. NJbirdlover

NJbirdlover Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 16, 2009
    Salem County, NJ
    I agree, Ahh, 90 degrees...where are you!
  3. JewellFarm

JewellFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2009
    Lebanon, Virginia
    It was in the 90's here last weekend, today raining and 63, YUCK! I agree the brooder sounds better, LOL.
  4. Skitz

Skitz Skitz15k

Nov 11, 2008
    Quote:im on Amarillo, TX its been cloudy this las days and cold too!
  5. Tala

Tala Flock Mistress

Quote:Yep. Same here. It's all cool and wet and icky, so I check in on my babies outside, and they're roosting up under the lamp at a balmy 89* working on their tan.

I'm jealous!!
  6. Sock Puppet

Sock Puppet Grumpy Hen

Mar 3, 2009
    Mesa, Arizona
    Its 84 here [​IMG] I love Arizona [​IMG]

I just stuck my 3 1/2 week old chicks outside for a day of fun. No heatlamp, they dont need it.

Will bring them in tonight and then tomarrow back outside.
  7. m2wandc

m2wandc Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2009
    I'm guessing the chicks wouldn't mind sharing their lamp with their human momma hen! [​IMG]

Or human roo...
    Last edited: May 2, 2009
  8. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    There's a rain squall headed over my house right now. It's utterly POURING!!
  9. Emzyyy

Emzyyy Runs with Deer

Jul 14, 2008
    Derby Kansas
    [​IMG] [​IMG] TOO MUCH RAIN GAHHH!!! IM READY TO SHOOT MYSELF I WANT IT A BLARING 90 DEGREES WITH NOT ONE CLOUD IN THE SKY! GRRR! you guys don't have to run in it either gahhh! Our meet got canceled on Friday because Ark City is a bunch of wimps and can't run in a little rain.
  10. melissastraka

melissastraka Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2009
    Hoquiam, WA
    I'm with you Jennspeeps! I hate washington weather! I was suppose to go to shelton for a track meet with my kids and uuggghhhh...rain, again! I am glad i got my outdoor stuff done yesterday when it was 70 on the coast...we need to move in with Sock Puppet in AZ!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by