I'm just curious, how many vegans are there on this site?

A vegetarian will not eat meat. A vegan will not eat any animal products including dairy or eggs, store-bought or otherwise.

I haven't eaten meat for going on 10 years ( I've lost track) but I do eat some fish, so I am not really a vegetarian.

I will eat store-bought eggs if I do not have my own. I still need the protein.

Wayne

(I keep telling the hens who havent't started laying yet that I don't eat meat.... for now.)

I'm not vegan but I am lacto-ovo vegetarian (in case someone doesn't know it means I still eat dairy products). I feel better about raising my own chickens and can't wait till when they start laying! My husband and children still eat meat but very little.

Quote:
That is true. So, I don't know exactly what to call myself. I will only eat eggs from chickens that live happily. No store bought egg comes from a happy chicken
sad.png
I am not saying I am perfect. I don't judge anyone for the way they live there life, I only judge if I see someone physically abusing an animal (I would guess most of you would too) I don't eat animal products, but I do slip sometimes when it comes to clothing. The truth is, noone can be completely vegan. Almost every product is the result of some kind of animal torture. Most products are tested on animals. Noone is even aware of those things.
Even film is made out of animal product, I think it is geletin. I don't think there is anything immoral about drinking milk, but the way the cows are kept and the fact that they inseminate them is disgusting. The biggest reason is because the veal industry cannot survive without the milk industry. Agian, I did not bring this up to judge or fight with anyone, I am nowhere near perfect belive me
roll.png
I was just curious.

Me? Not even close to vegetarian much less vegan. However, we do buy our meat from reputable farms and only eat our own eggs. I am not an animal activist by any means, but... after seeing that saved chicken from a battery that had it's beak filed off for no good reason at all, I drew the line about eggs. Last year, after that fiasco at the meat processing plant here in Chino, we did our research and only buy beef from farms that humane policies.

I LOVE VEGGIES!!....(with my meat and potatoes!!)..heehee..sorry..couldnt help myself!...(bad wendy!..
smack.gif
..BAD!..)..best wishes!..
big_smile.png

Quote:
No the reality is that those cage free, pesticide free, organic this and that and the other eggs are WAY more expensive than others. Have you SEEN the price of them lately.

Normal eggs are like $1.50 a carton and those organic eggs are like way over $4 bucks. Milk is extremely high too....

The sad fact is that PRICE is driving what people buy, not where the chickens live.

If more organic and natural health food was less expensive, I'd eat it too. But that isn't the reality in todays market.

I can't afford to go on a diet, because I can't afford the lean, fat free, organic, natural foods and such. It all add's up to a very high price tag.

I don't eat meat nor fertilized eggs. I have a coop with what I call virgin eggs that I eat. The only fertile eggs I have are in other coops that I use for hatching. I don't like the cruelty involved or the lack of care for people that furnish meat and or eggs to the public. It's like the animal has no feeling or doesn't feel pain. I have nothing against so don't get me wrong with people that raise and are humane about furnishing their on meat. Not eating meat is a choice for me as a total animal lover.

Quote:
No the reality is that those cage free, pesticide free, organic this and that and the other eggs are WAY more expensive than others. Have you SEEN the price of them lately.

Normal eggs are like $1.50 a carton and those organic eggs are like way over $4 bucks. Milk is extremely high too....

The sad fact is that PRICE is driving what people buy, not where the chickens live.

If more organic and natural health food was less expensive, I'd eat it too. But that isn't the reality in todays market.

I can't afford to go on a diet, because I can't afford the lean, fat free, organic, natural foods and such. It all add's up to a very high price tag.

Actually it is a total waste of money. "Cage free" eggs are not cage free anyway.

Back
Top Bottom