I'm looking for a good source of DE

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by NurseNettie, May 26, 2008.

1. NurseNettie

NurseNettie Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2008
    Northern Maine
    I need to find a place th mail order DE-- I've decided I want to try it in our coop but I live so rural, the only local food/grain etc suppliers don't have it.
    Have any of you successfully ordered it online/ by mail? If so, where do you recommend getting it from?

2. Try google Golden Blend Group and ask them if they have a rep in your area.If you ask at your feed store be sure it is food grade, contact Dawn419, she is one of the mods, and she knows all about DE. marrie

3. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    YES YES YES Custommilling.com and it's FAST I got mine in two days! It was a total of 52 bucks (that is shipping too) for a 50 lb bag of it which was the best price I found anywhere on the internet [​IMG] It is the pure white fossil shell flower recommended by Dawn [​IMG] I am in WI so it may be even cheaper for you...call them and ask shipping prices.

Last edited: May 26, 2008
  4. spatcher

spatcher Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2008
    Virginia - Southside
    If you are not ready for the 50 pounder Nettie, I sell the food grade in 3, 5 and 8# amts - Prioriy Mail, 2-3 day shipping!

5. 1mommahen

1mommahen Love My Cluckin' Coop

Mar 20, 2008
    NJ
    I got mine from Spatcher! Great service and it's working great for my 14 girls![​IMG]

6. NurseNettie

NurseNettie Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2008
    Northern Maine
    Spatcher-- what's the recc. use amount for it-- in feed, as well as spread in the coop?
    Can you pm me with your pricing? Thanks!
    And thanks everyone for the website info=== I'll check them out!

7. kees

kees Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2008
    I'm very happy with the food-grade DE that I bought from Azure Standard. I paid $17.05 for a 50lb bag + shipping last year and I still have half of it left. I put it in the coop to prevent little buggies from nesting their and it's recommended to mix it into their food. Also, good for cats too, though mine done appreciate it. They're located in Dufur, OR and their website is www.azurestandard.com and also sell organic food and products for people too!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by