I'm looking for an incubator, Can you help?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by daniduck, Nov 3, 2009.

1. daniduck

daniduck silent stalker

Nov 1, 2009
    Florida
    My Coop
    Ok, hubby and I want to try hatching a few eggs around the first of the year (ok I confess just me). Problem is that we are looking for an incubator but we aren't quite sure what kind we need. Hubby is down with just a small one (for now... [​IMG] hahahahahaha) provided we can find one that doesn't cost too much. We have found a few, what do you thing, or do you have other suggestions...

http://www.mcmurrayhatchery.com/product/picture_window_incubator.html

http://www.strombergschickens.com/products/basic_incubators.php

2. cbiblis

cbiblis Out Of The Brooder

Sep 16, 2009
    Murphy,NC
    If your just trying to hatch a few look at the hovabator. Do a search for "best bator" or "best incubator" in this forum. Someone asks the same question at least once a week. Look for one with egg turner and forced air and try to find one thats plastic not Styrofoam, Good luck.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2009
  3. Junkmanme

Junkmanme Chillin' With My Peeps

I would suggest that you BUY the BEST that you feel you can afford. Other than that, IF you're willing to "experiment", there are many "homemade" ones posted on this Forum that you can copy or modify that work very well!

4. scbatz33

scbatz33 No Vacancy, Belfry Full

Jan 23, 2009
    South GA
    I had a LG still air and upgraded to a Hovabator 1588 with a turner and have been very happy. It's not terribly expensive, easy to use and clean and very efficient.

5. Julie_A

Julie_A Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2008
    Brewton, Ala.
    I am also a fan of the hovabators. I have three a Genesis and two still-air. One will be modified and a turbo fan added.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by