I'm looking for hen house/coop plans

chrism

Songster
11 Years
Jan 17, 2009
Zone 7A Central Va.
Hi...I've been quietly lurking here for a while. At first I decided that this endeavor was impractical but the more I thought about it and talked with my wife, I couldn't get it outta my mind.
I have plenty of room to keep the 10-15 birds max I have planned. Now I just need to get down to building their home.
I've spent most of the day looking for designs that include material list, cut sheet and step by step instructions. I've found a couple of e-books that promise to be the "best on the web" but would like some advice from this forum.
My plan...unless advised against, is an 8x10 hen house that will have room for supplies, roosts and a small hatchery. I plan on letting them have free range rather than a run.
If you know of any plans for a guy with minimal carpentry skills but can follow directions...please point me in the right direction.

The buildingachickencoop ones are not "complete" plans. Most places it does list angles, but occasionally it will only list the lengths leaving the user to calculate the angle or just ballpark it

Back
Top Bottom