Im losing one šŸ˜ž

TheRusticRebel

Songster
Apr 24, 2019
South Carolina, USA
Yesterday everyone was fine. Clean butts all around everyone eating and drinking. I clean their brooder ( change puppy pads) 3x a day .

Today i came home to a chick laying by herself and gasping for air. If i move her she chirps and she did like a flip. Her butt looks clean. But her breathing is getri g slower and slower. The other chicks were pecking at her wings. What can i do? I have bee. Giving them vitamins and electrolytes since they came home last thursday. They hatched last wed. From ideal. Im gutted. And im afraid for the rest of my chicks. Should i give them nutridrench?

They have an mhp that was at the highest setting last week. I was going to go down one this week from 6 to 5. It had been 81 on the floor and 96 on the ceiling whe. The thermometer is touching the heating pad. The room is probably mid 70s.

So i mixed up half a gal water and 1 oz nutri drench and filled a little 1ml medicine syringe ( for my sons meds) and she drank some and is it supposed to work so fast? Because she perked up immediately and is no longer gasping. He eyes opened and shes chirping.... But i ha e to go pick my son up and its a 2 hour round trip to his therapy clinic.

Is there any harm in fillimg their waterer with the nutri drench mixture?

Omg thank you. She seems to be acting normal. But she was like on deaths door. Her hrad was down her eyes closed gasping for air and flopping around. That nutridrench brought her back so quick. I gave her a bit more and filled their waterer so im praying shes ok when i get home.
No harm. She might have been dehydrated or something. I have never nutridrench so I wouldnt know. Keep us updated!

Back
Top Bottom