I'm moving... need help with coops for new place...

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by WhiteMountainsRanch, May 22, 2012.

1. WhiteMountainsRanch

WhiteMountainsRanch Crowing

Jun 19, 2010
    San Diego, CA
    I currently have 4 runs with large 10x10 coops in each one... but we are moving and I am going to be separating all my breeds out individually, I need help with smaller coop ideas for smaller pens.

Anyone have pics or ideas for breeding pen coops?

Thanks in advance!

2. Jferlisi

Jferlisi i dont eat chicken!!!!

Nov 2, 2010
    Menifee CA
    Hi there, how many birds are you wanting per coop? For my silkie breeding project i have one large coop, its a 12 x 8 and its raised 2.5 feet off the ground and the coop itself is 4 feet tall. I have it sectioned off ever 4 feet so i have 3 coops in one. The coop in the back is my layers coop. =D
    Here is the front and at each beam its were the wall is to split it. Its not complete yet, i still need to add runs but that wont be any time soon since im just starting it.[​IMG]
    Here is the side with the folding doors up. Its the clean out door for coop one.
    [​IMG]
    Here is the back where the chicken doors are and the clean out door for coop 2 and 3. as you can see its not finished being framed. Its slowly getting there just takes more money. LOL. Also dont mind the stuff on the floor. I was cleaning out the coop one this day, and they chicks didn't need the lamp anymore.
    [​IMG]
    Here is the last side with one of the doors open.
    [​IMG]
    Here is a pic inside so you can see how its separated.
    [​IMG]

Hope these pics help with some ideas.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: