I'm new and need help!

lapollita

Hatching
Dec 8, 2015
Hi everyone!

I'm so excited to start chatting with you all and learning about my new little loves! So... Let's get down to business! I have this beautiful white Amerucana, she's about 9 months old, I got her when she was about 11 weeks old from a big chicken farm out in westmorland. I've always noticed that she moves her neck really weird like side to side (I just thought she was a chicken with attitude!). Then I started noticing that she started spitting up like white-milky liquid. Sometimes when she drink water it sorted just comes out- I also noticed she's doing this more than before and what has me worried is that my other chickens (are nasty) and eat whatever she's spitting up. Yesterday her crop was HUGE!!! I started doing some research and found out that most likely it's blockage. My chickens are totally free range, so just yesterday around 2pm and all night until like 9am this morning I stuck her in a coop by herself. I put apple cider vinegar in her water (since I read it's a natural antibiotic) with no additional feed so she can try to digest whatever was in her crop. This morning it was- to me "normal" she's been eating and drinking all day like usual. She's not lethargic- she's totally going about her business, she's even laying eggs still, but her crop seems swollen again and she's still spitting up when she eats or drinks. Is there anything I can do to help her?! Super thanks for any help!!!

welcome-byc.gif

Here's a link to a Learning Center article that may be helpful in addition to the thread Bridebeliever pointed out to you:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/impacted-slow-and-sour-crops-prevention-and-treatments

Hope everything will be ok for your girl.

NorthFLchick- Wow! That was a super informative and helpful link!!! Thank you so much for sharing!

NorthFLchick- Wow! That was a super informative and helpful link!!! Thank you so much for sharing!

One of our wonderful moderators, @TwoCrows wrote that. She's very helpful (for a lot of things)!

The Learning Center has some great stuff in it, I refer back to it often.

Back
Top Bottom