I'm new? Ha

tigeresa007

Hatching
Mar 18, 2016
MO, USA
Ok hello,
I'm new to backyardchickens and I'm curious where a therapy poultry forum is? Or a duck vs goose forum? I have a anxiety X depression X stress and have been looking for a therapy animal. We have two chickens and a turkey (all female) but have recently purchased about 16 babies (2 Guineas, 2 ducklings, and about 12 chicks). I'm really bonding with my blue swede duckling named Blokee. I snuggle with him, read with him, and more. I've potty trained him as well. But I've read that if you raise goslings from an egg that they will be more attatched to you and I'm really interested with geese. (Also I am a student so I cannot have a horse, cat, or dog, but I prefer birds more anyways... It was either this or a falcon haha) does anybody which is more easy going and docile? A goose or duck?

Hi :welcome

Glad you could join us here! Poultry sure can be great therapy. I find them very relaxing and spending time just watching what they get up to. I'm sure you would like the other poultry section ~ https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/66/other-backyard-poultry
There is a section for both geese and ducks there. I'm afraid I'm not a keeper of either.

Wishing you the very best of luck and enjoy BYC :frow

Hi :welcome

Glad you could join us here! Poultry sure can be great therapy. I find them very relaxing and spending time just watching what they get up to. I'm sure you would like the other poultry section ~ https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/66/other-backyard-poultry
There is a section for both geese and ducks there. I'm afraid I'm not a keeper of either.

Wishing you the very best of luck and enjoy BYC :frow

Thank you!
2764.png

Hi and welcome to BYC. Maybe just try typing "therapy geese" in the search box, you may find something. I read recently on BYC therapy chickens, so maybe theres something there in addition to the threads mentioned that will help you.

All the best
CT

you may want to investigate the "house ducks," thread. I would imagine ducks are much more docile than a goose. Since you already have a duck that you are happy with, why not just use him?

Back
Top Bottom