I'm new here

SAustin

In the Brooder
Aug 18, 2016
Tennessee
Hi! I actually have a duck. A 22 week old Mallard drake named Bill that I've raised since he was 2 days old. He had a brother named Ted that was tragically killed a few days ago. Currently looking for new flock members for him and it's not as easy as I thought. Anywho, thought I'd join this forum since it's full of great information and help.

I wanted to add I live very close to Knoxville, TN. In Loudon, actually. I'm a Registered Respiratory Therapist, unemployed currently until my oldest baby starts school next year. Then I may or may not go back. I may just focus on raising ducks!!
1f60a.png

Hi and welcome to BYC! You may want to check out the Duck forum, lots of folks on here have different types of poultry. Good luck and thanks for joining us!
smile.png

You may want to ask you questions on the Duck thread, ie, should you get a duck about the same age? Male or female etc. Some lonely ducks do not take well to new ones. So that is something to ask about as well.

You may want to ask you questions on the Duck thread, ie, should you get a duck about the same age? Male or female etc. Some lonely ducks do not take well to new ones. So that is something to ask about as well.

That's exactly what I was wondering next! Thanks so much!!

Welcome to BYC! Im glad you joined us.
big_smile.png
Sorry to hear about the loss of one of your ducks. As said above, you should check out the duck forum, theres a lot of duck experts there. Best wishes and good luck finding a new flock member to accompany Bill!
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom