I'm new here

ok, I don't know if you know this, but you'll probably have to get him a friend. Ducks are flock birds, and usually don't do well on their own.
I've heard that from several people. He seems to be fine with just the humans for now. There are 5 people and 3 dogs that live with him. He's mostly an inside duck! Super spoiled too!
Welcome to BYC. At this age you should be able to voice sex your duck. Ducks will 'quack', and drakes will have a coarse, whispery voice.
Some of his quacks are super loud and clear and other times raspy. He still 'sqeeks/tweets' when he's excited or getting special treats.

I love all of my animals to pieces but I never knew a duck could bring me so much happiness! He's super special to me!
ok, I don't know if you know this, but you'll probably have to get him a friend. Ducks are flock birds, and usually don't do well on their own.
Should I still consider getting another duck even thou he seems to be doing well?

Last edited by a moderator:
I've heard that from several people. He seems to be fine with just the humans for now. There are 5 people and 3 dogs that live with him. He's mostly an inside duck! Super spoiled too!

Some of his quacks are super loud and clear and other times raspy. He still 'sqeeks/tweets' when he's excited or getting special treats.

I love all of my animals to pieces but I never knew a duck could bring me so much happiness! He's super special to me!

Should I still consider getting another duck even thou he seems to be doing well?
I'm glad to hear h is so spoiled! I love my chickens to peices! Honestly I would just watch him and make sure he stays happy.. some ducks only need a people flock, but some don't do so well that way... He is a cutie!

:welcome

Beautiful duck! Thanks for joining us
smiley duck.gif

Back
Top Bottom