im new here

bickedwitch

Hatching
5 Years
Sep 24, 2014
figured id just use the template and introduce myself...

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? I am completely new to chickens! had researched using this website, but wasnt quite ready to build a coop yet. then we had a friend who, in an emergency, had to move 2 weeks ago and couldnt take her chickens, so we moved coop and all to our land and well, here i am.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? I have 5 leghorn hens, affectionately known as the Lorraines. my daughter (13) named them, after the Larry, and Darryl and his other brother Darryl joke was explained to her. (dating myself, i know)

(3) What breeds do you have? Leghorns(only know this because someone asked if they were and i went researching here and found out that they were, in fact, leghorns.

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com? the ever present Google led me straight to ye.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? anything outdoors, hunting, fishing, birdwatching.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. im a SAHM/substitute teacher, between the hubs and I we have 7 kids, 2 boys 5 girls. youngest (13 yo) still lives at home. oldest is turning 30 this year. we have 2 barn cats, and 2 gigantic retrievers, and live on a small wannabe farm in southeast Virginia. since this is our first foray into poultry we are winging it (pun very much intended), and trying to do all we can to keep them alive and producing before we add to the flock. any advice is much appreciated!

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

So glad you could join our community! Have you stopped by our learning center yet? Lots of helpful tips and hints on raising your new flock...https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

Just make yourself at home here. And if you have any questions along the way, feel free to ask.

Great to have you aboard and enjoy your new flock!

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. You have a very good and thorough introduction. It's too bad that more New Members don't use the template as it's so informative. My entire family are all teachers. Raising chickens is a great experience for kids. My granddaugher (pictured in my avatar) loves our chickens. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your Leghorns.

Welcome to BYC!

You will find a lot of good information here. Keep on asking questions and you will get many good answers.

You may also want to read the FAQ below.

Back
Top Bottom