I'm new, question about FEED (Long Island, NY)

LIAviator

Hatching
10 Years
Jan 7, 2010
Hi, I just found your forum! Can anyone tell me where to buy the least expensive bulk (cracked corn, sunflower hearts)???? Thank you so much!! I'm from western Nassau county, I went to Shirley feed last night, but that's far, Agway/Hicksville is very expensive. Any suggestions are appreciated!

Hi there, and welcome to the site. I'm in western Suffolk. I also go to the Agway in Hicksville, and have made the trek to Shirley feed once as well. I'm sorry, but I don't think there are any better options that are close to home. The only other major feed supplier that I'm aware of is Neptune feed and Farm Products. But that's in Riverhead. -Haven't been there, so I can't give a report. I think they mainly sell in bulk to east end farms, so it's possible they are cheaper. I have ended up just using an organic mash sold by an organic farm a few miles from me. I don't love mash, but this stuff has good ingredients and my birds love it and are thriving.

Thanks for the reply! I'll call Neptune, if that much cheaper it might be worth it for me. There must be somewhere else, we just haven't found it yet! There's a pigeon store on Wellwood/Lindenhurst, but they're expensive unfortunately. I'd love to buy direct from the distibutor!! Thanks again.

Look in your phone book yellow pages under Feed Mill or Feed Store. Also look up manufactures web sites and do a search on dealer in your area. That works wonders. Some to check are Blue Seal, AMD, Purnina Mills( not the mills here), Kent and Southern States just to name a few. Do a search on here also in the feeding section for more feed manufacture names. Good luck in your search.

Thank you! I've contacted Purina in the past, they're a little expensive (for me), but now that you mentioned Southern States-yes! That's the other brown bag I get, usually more reasonable, I'll contact them as well as the yellowpages! Thank you !! I go through a 50-lb. bag a week, need lots!

Hi there, I am in western suffolk too and I am interested in where you get the mash. I'm tired of ordering online and would like to figure out a better way.

Ed

Just today I went to the Agway 150 Duffy in Hicksville - a 50 lb bag of layer pellets were $15 which is cheaper than the zaino's agway in Westbury $20 plus the hicksville store now carries all sorts of treats for them too :) I was very happy !

Just today I went to the Agway 150 Duffy in Hicksville - a 50 lb bag of layer pellets were $15 which is cheaper than the zaino's agway in Westbury $20 plus the hicksville store now carries all sorts of treats for them too :) I was very happy !
Thank you so much for this! I just came across this while desperately trying to find an alternative feed that wouldn't require over an hour drive and wasn't too expensive. 8 years later and this is still helpful!

Back
Top Bottom