I'm new to BYC but this is Egg-xactly the type of info I need to know

Islandlife

In the Brooder
9 Years
Oct 11, 2010
Olympia, WA
Hello all, I'm in WA and both new and old to chickens. As a child (and that was longer ago than I can remember) we lived on a farm and always had free range chickens for eggs. Every spring we got 4 doz meaties. That was literally years ago. A few months ago I got 3 laying hens - Sexlink, Java and Wyandotte. I've been averaging 2 eggs per day mostly from the Java and Sexlink. My ladies are fantastic and endlessly entertaining. Their personalities are priceless. I have a big run but let them out to free range often cause although I'm 'in' a city where we live is end of a cul de sac with undeveloped land behind. The ladies love their outings and mud baths and sun bathing too. I've been reading BYC and it is great! Terrific info too.......appreciate it all..........Thanks! Islandlife

Welcome, from Whidbey Island.
smile.png

Welcome from an imp in Renton

Check us out on the Washingtonians thread in the Where are you forum. Lots of nice people there.

Imp

Hi All!! Thank you for the warm welcome! I will check out the Washingtonian site. I love all the info posted here as I can relate to most of the posts as my girls are soooo similar yet different from all the other 'Ladies' on here! Great meeting you all!!

Back
Top Bottom